Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Martian Wheels MW03

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah: It’s cracked bad but somehow holding all 45psi cold just fine. No vibrations but alignment is off.

I got a lead from my wheel guy on a replacement one already finished for $275, tire is still good but may replace it (discount tire certificate) out of caution. Will definitely need to re-do the alignment.

He did say he could prob repair this one for about $200 and repaint it (which I may do to keep a FS spare.)
View attachment 535810 View attachment 535811
DAMN!!!! How the hell is it holding air?

Yeah: It’s cracked bad but somehow holding all 45psi cold just fine. No vibrations but alignment is off.

I got a lead from my wheel guy on a replacement one already finished for $275, tire is still good but may replace it (discount tire certificate) out of caution. Will definitely need to re-do the alignment.

He did say he could prob repair this one for about $200 and respray it (which I may do to keep a FS spare.)
View attachment 535810 View attachment 535811
If the alignment is off, something is bent fwiw.

I once had a wheel that may have slammed into a curb sideways with about 1/5 of the outer bead surface gone that still held air. *sugar* never surprises me now.

I noticed they changed as they no longer list them for 3 and Y and have separated them onto different pages. While for now I've scrapped the idea of getting a set that I could swap out between my 3 and future Y (mostly because have now found out they use different TPMS sensors), I'm still curious as to why.

I noticed they changed as they no longer list them for 3 and Y and have separated them onto different pages. While for now I've scrapped the idea of getting a set that I could swap out between my 3 and future Y (mostly because have now found out they use different TPMS sensors), I'm still curious as to why.
That has to do with offsets, the 19x8.5 +30 is the same wheel across Y and 3 offering by them, no change. The 19x9.5 is +45 on the Y and +30 on the 3. There is no official 20" offering for the 3 but you can order a set from them at the same cost as the 20s for the Y. This is what I did as I got a custom 20" from them as well as the 18x7.5. The prices are incremental, 499 for the 18s, 549 for the 19s and 599 for the 20s. With the referral link and code, should give a combined $100-$150 off.

Link: Martian Wheels

Code: JASONLEON

Reactions: azentropy
I was originally told 4 weeks when I ordered. A month passes and they said it'll be 2 more weeks.

Two weeks later, I called and now Dan is telling me another 2 weeks. I don't mind waiting, I just want to know how long its going to be at the beginning.

I am no expert at reading foreign languages ;) but I believe the wheels are made in Taiwan or China and for an example one of mine had a manufacture date of 12/30 and showed up at my house about end of January (4 weeks). I am assuming given delays from shipping that it might be an issue coming from there given the current supply chain mess as I got mine relatively quick before the mess. I hope Drew takes care of ya'll as I know lack of info can be frustrating which is what I am going through with Redwood right now, but no tracks are open in my state :( so its not such a big deal.

Reactions: zrzrzrzr
I am also waiting for MW03 wheels. Drew told me a couple weeks, then a week later, April 28th, I placed the order and it became 6 weeks. He said it is because of the COVID crisis. Another surprise is that they charge your PayPal account upon placement of the order, not upon delivery.

I was originally told 4 weeks when I ordered. A month passes and they said it'll be 2 more weeks.

Two weeks later, I called and now Dan is telling me another 2 weeks. I don't mind waiting, I just want to know how long its going to be at the beginning.

fml. i meant Drew.

I am also waiting for MW03 wheels. Drew told me a couple weeks, then a week later, April 28th, I placed the order and it became 6 weeks. He said it is because of the COVID crisis. Another surprise is that they charge your PayPal account upon placement of the order, not upon delivery.

I'm guessing he can only go by what his supplier is communicating to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.