Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Martian Wheels MW03

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if Twok’s concerns are valid about MW, it’s the way the posts come across that does it for me. It seems petty and like there is something personal going on. If you hate them, make a new thread called “MW is a scam”. Talk to mods and get them barred from conversation if they really are harming members. But this crusade in an owners thread who are asking questions and exchanging info....promoting other brands....
The owners seem happy so let them live.

Just joined the Model Y club and looking into these wheels, but am getting thrown off by these anecdotes about false advertisement regarding weights. Can we make this a bit more data-driven, gather numbers from owners of these wheels, spit out some analysis and conclusion, and put this to rest once and for all?

Anyway, excited to finally join the EV revolution with y'all!

Just joined the Model Y club and looking into these wheels, but am getting thrown off by these anecdotes about false advertisement regarding weights. Can we make this a bit more data-driven, gather numbers from owners of these wheels, spit out some analysis and conclusion, and put this to rest once and for all?

Same. I was originally looking at these wheels. But for around the same price for 18's I'm thinking of going with Titan-7. I saw they now have options for Model Y

PM incoming!

Even if Twok’s concerns are valid about MW, it’s the way the posts come across that does it for me. It seems petty and like there is something personal going on. If you hate them, make a new thread called “MW is a scam”. Talk to mods and get them barred from conversation if they really are harming members. But this crusade in an owners thread who are asking questions and exchanging info....promoting other brands....
The owners seem happy so let them live.
Ok I hear you and you make a good point...but let me ask you this? How do you talk to mods about a vendor that doesn’t exist? There is no Martian “vendor” here and so there’s only people biased opinions on a wheel they can’t return. I don’t need to promote any other brand. I’ve spoken freely on many other wheels and products from other vendors here and they reply. Go search under my name. MPP, UPP, Signature, Ingenext, etc. What I personally don’t like is how a coupon code gets shared easily by you know who in this thread and there’s supposed to be none despite it obviously looking like a referral code. I’ve already discussed this with a mod so everything is black and white. I’ve even asked the people promoting to reach out to “Drew” on all my inquiries and yet there’s crickets.

It’s blatantly obvious that they’re false advertising a wheel so I believe I’m in my right to make it known to those that don’t. Don’t believe me? go order a set and you’ll think twice about this thread.

I actually sleep pretty sound. All you poor souls thinking you got organic and paid higher prices in reality got non organic. It’s ok though....whoever I can save from being scammed with the truth I will.

BTW....VMR is flow formed, runs $325 a wheel, and is still lighter than Martians. Now let that live in your mind.

Cool, and I don't care.

I didn't buy these wheels as track wheels, they went on my daily driver.

I bought these wheels because they look good, and they look great on a TM3. (IMHO those VMR wheels don't look good on a Model 3).
I bought them because I think they are good value.
I bought them to support a new company.
I bought them to support the Dirty Tesla YouTube channel.
I bought them because they are lighter than my 20" Sport rims.
I bought them because they come with a lifetime structural warranty.

You're beating a drum not everyone cares to hear. I'm sure you're potentially helping someone, but you're also ignoring the fact that many don't buy these wheels SOLELY because they're "forged" or just because of some weight spec on a website.

Reactions: TonyJag
Cool, and I don't care.

I didn't buy these wheels as track wheels, they went on my daily driver.

I bought these wheels because they look good, and they look great on a TM3. (IMHO those VMR wheels don't look good on a Model 3).
I bought them because I think they are good value.
I bought them to support a new company.
I bought them to support the Dirty Tesla YouTube channel.
I bought them because they are lighter than my 20" Sport rims.
I bought them because they come with a lifetime structural warranty.

You're beating a drum not everyone cares to hear. I'm sure you're potentially helping someone, but you're also ignoring the fact that many don't buy these wheels SOLELY because they're "forged" or just because of some weight spec on a website.

You’re kidding right? Many don’t buy martians because they’re forged and weight? I can totally screenshot at least 50 posts mentioning buying them bc of it. Don’t kid yourself and lie to the community
103C6E2B-7AF0-414A-9351-95CD0013B831.jpeg

Also I’m glad you think VMRs look bad on a model 3.
35E7F021-A8B9-45D2-9BDB-71BBD0531B45.jpeg

Last edited:
Best thing to do is ignore him completely. He just likes to argue a point for some desire of being right. Just like him telling us if we can't afford quality parts, that we should buy a cheaper car instead. While he paid for some third party mods on a dual motor, trying to make it emulate a performance, instead of buying a performance model.

It's so absurd it's comical, but also annoying at the same time because he just can't go through life without trying to win a debate that is irrelevant and never involved him.
Actually the $7500 tax incentive was a lot sweeter than paying $10,000 upcharge for PUP in 2017. Still came out ahead and have performance power and I don’t have to pay “performance” insurance which was another $100+ premium a month. I can still sell the ingenext module when I’m done with this car or transfer to a model Y with a 980 motor with ease.

Enough about me....I know staying on topic is hard for you @Sam1 and you don’t like to discuss apples to apples in specific topic threads just to throw a sidebar to discredit people from the topic at hand. Maybe we need to get @Mash in here and have a fun discussion? Let me know.

Otherwise let just stick to the Martian wheel topic shall we?

Actually the $7500 tax incentive was a lot sweeter than paying $10,000 upcharge for PUP in 2017. Still came out ahead and have performance power and I don’t have to pay “performance” insurance which was another $100+ premium a month. I can still sell the ingenext module when I’m done with this car or transfer to a model Y with a 980 motor with ease.

I am confused. You have a dual motor 2017 Model 3 ?!

Back in 2017 (and first part of 2018) there was only LR RWD model 3, and no ingenext module for any of those as far as I know.

Reactions: dwolvin
You’re kidding right? Many don’t buy martians because they’re forged and weight? I can totally screenshot at least 50 posts mentioning buying them bc of it. Don’t kid yourself and lie to the community

Also I’m glad you think VMRs look bad on a model 3.

You misquoted me, and are calling me a liar because of it.

Re-read the last sentence of my above post (repeated next): "...but you're also ignoring the fact that many don't buy these wheels SOLELY because they're "forged" or just because of some weight spec on a website."

So, I made a two-part combo statement:
1) many don't buy these wheels SOLELY because they're forged
2) [many don't buy these wheels] ... just because of some weight spec on a website.

I suggest you consider the meaning of the word "solely" and the word "many."

Also, my quote you pulled from early in the thread is still 100% compatible with what I said yesterday. It is entirely possible, and logical, to be excited for a weight decrease from the super-heavy 52+lb 20" Sport wheels while NOT having weight as my top priority. Coming from a 52-lb 20" setup, almost anything would be a weight decrease. Whether my combo weighs 42.5-lb or 44.1-lbs does NOT matter to me. It's 10+% lighter than stock, and drops 30-40 lbs around the whole car, and improves steering response.

I was excited for a weight decrease (which I realized) and I got my efficient boost (mostly from the tires). I know you were looking for the "gotcha" moment, but you missed.

Regarding looks (which are subjective) I said I believe the VMRs "don't look good" which is NOT the same as you pretending I said "they look bad."

Words matter. But since I don't think you really care, and are waiting to snipe anyone with anything remotely positive they say about their MW03s, let's go with this:

*You're right, and I'm wrong.
*You know better than me what wheels I should have bought for my car.
*I REALLY wish you had popped up on this thread earlier, I REALLY could have used a keyboard warrior to save me from myself.

Reactions: DIRKULA
  • Disagree
Reactions: BGaffigan

Enough about me....I know staying on topic is hard for you @Sam1 and you don’t like to discuss apples to apples in specific topic threads just to throw a sidebar to discredit people from the topic at hand. Maybe we need to get @Mash in here and have a fun discussion? Let me know.

Otherwise let just stick to the Martian wheel topic shall we?

so you got the full $7,500 tax credit in March of 2019? because you posted this bragging about buying the car in another thread when you were providing financial advice to the forum.

if you lie about stuff, you need to keep better track of who you tell what.

Big Brake Kit the China option?

ddd.jpeg

Reactions: BGaffigan
(moderator note: after receiving more reports on this thread, I have noticed an excessive amount of referral code sharing in it. I am locking this thread. I will create a new thread for discussion on the topic of martian wheels, but users should not be posting personal referral codes in this type of thread. That is basically advertising, and against TMC rules). So, discussion on the topic of these wheels can continue in the new thread without any referral codes / coupon codes, etc etc.

Also, on a side note, since we have received a few different reports on this thread, I would recommend that discussion be kept to the topic at hand. I recommend that members ignore (either using forum tools or by simply not reading) content from users who they feel are not adding value to the topic.)

Status
Not open for further replies.