Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Martian Wheels MW03

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DAMN!

I ordered 4 weeks ago... didn't realize I might be waiting 3 months! I hope you're experience is the exception, not the rule.

I just ordered a set a few days ago. He told me 4 weeks, so if he knows people are seeing 2-3 months waits, he lied to me. Guess I'll wait the 4 weeks and ask for a refund or do a charge back since he knows what's going on and was untruthful.

I've had my Titans on order for my Model S since June 2019... nada... I'm about to fold my cards and move my order over to Martian...

And my ESECarbon E1's wheels, now onto Evolution 2's (E2) on order since April 2016...also nada, but I know they are 80% through SAE testing...(or at least that's what their website claims).

Screen Shot 2020-05-17 at 11.43.10 AM.png

Last edited:
I just ordered a set a few days ago. He told me 4 weeks, so if he knows people are seeing 2-3 months waits, he lied to me. Guess I'll wait the 4 weeks and ask for a refund or do a charge back since he knows what's going on and was untruthful.

I haven't personally emailed him to ask about wait times yet.

But, giving the guy the benefit of the doubt: perhaps a whole bunch of orders are coming over in the same shipping crate, meaning we all could get them in ~4 weeks from now (regardless of when we ordered).

I haven't personally emailed him to ask about wait times yet.

But, giving the guy the benefit of the doubt: perhaps a whole bunch of orders are coming over in the same shipping crate, meaning we all could get them in ~4 weeks from now (regardless of when we ordered).

Yeah that was sort of what I messaged him about just a bit ago. I understand there was a hiccup because of ongoing issues, which may be ironed out by now. But told him to just give me a refund and i'll buy something else if he plans on telling me in 4 weeks everything is delayed... because he is obviously aware of the issues.

Any word on what the ETA is now? Has everyone in the thread that had been waiting received theirs yet? Still interested in getting them for my Y (that I just got yesterday) but not sure I'd want to wait as long as some of you have.

Not a peep. It's only been 2 weeks from the time I ordered, so he has 2 more before inquiring again. But I did message him and gave him a link to this thread... Then reaffirmed I wasn't going to put up with the excuses because if it's going to be a substantial delay, lying to me is only prolonging me getting a product from someone else that I need. Not cool.

Sort of curious if any of the people who complained here about the delays heard anything new.

Sort of curious if any of the people who complained here about the delays heard anything new.

Nothing new.

Best bet is to probably email Drew and ask for a realistic ETA as the ideal ETAs can be out the window with what's going on right now.

I asked for a realistic time frame when I spoke to him. Drew said it would be delivered by June 1st and my order status still shows Unfulfilled.

Reactions: Sam1
Any word on what the ETA is now? Has everyone in the thread that had been waiting received theirs yet? Still interested in getting them for my Y (that I just got yesterday) but not sure I'd want to wait as long as some of you have.

As i previously posted:
"#79May 15, 2020
I am also waiting for MW03 wheels. Drew told me a couple weeks, then a week later, April 28th, I placed the order and it became 6 weeks. He said it is because of the COVID crisis. Another surprise is that they charge your PayPal account upon placement of the order, not upon delivery."

On May 28, I sent the following email:
"Drew,
A month has gone by. What is the latest outlook on the shipping date?"

He replied:
"Hi Anthony,
Thanks for reaching out, I hope you’re doing well. We are looking at Having your wheels ready June 15-20 as of now. Again, really sorry for the delay. Had we known your order would be this delayed, we would have let you know as soon as your order was placed."

That is consistent with the 6 week outlook he gave April 28th, so it appears to be on track.

Reactions: Sam1 and azentropy
I ordered a custom color February 11th. I believe I can see the limits of my patience from here.

I paid via Amex, my understanding is they don't have a limit on chargeback time but I really don't want to go that route. Last couple times I have called went to voicemail, the first time he immediately texted me and I got an update (nonsense, of course) via text. That update was end of the month (May). I texted him June 1 and again today, no response. No answer on a call today.

I get that Covid is completely uncharted territory but four months is approaching ridiculous. I kind of feel like a dick asking for a refund or considering chargeback, but I don't think he would have trouble selling the set (the gold/bronze color he had on Instagram). I'm still running around on winter tires my annoyance tempered only by the fact that it's a mere 100 miles a week or so.

Reactions: New_Old_Stock
I ordered a custom color February 11th. I believe I can see the limits of my patience from here.

I paid via Amex, my understanding is they don't have a limit on chargeback time but I really don't want to go that route. Last couple times I have called went to voicemail, the first time he immediately texted me and I got an update (nonsense, of course) via text. That update was end of the month (May). I texted him June 1 and again today, no response. No answer on a call today.

I get that Covid is completely uncharted territory but four months is approaching ridiculous. I kind of feel like a dick asking for a refund or considering chargeback, but I don't think he would have trouble selling the set (the gold/bronze color he had on Instagram). I'm still running around on winter tires my annoyance tempered only by the fact that it's a mere 100 miles a week or so.

Yep all I would have liked to seen was an honest estimate. He has a couple of weeks left from me because I have a 60 day limit on chargebacks with Chase

Yep all I would have liked to seen was an honest estimate. He has a couple of weeks left from me because I have a 60 day limit on chargebacks with Chase

I don't think there's any intentional deception here, he's probably just as annoyed if not worse than we are. When your entire business model depends upon a supply chain you can neither see nor influence in time like this you are basically SOL and don't have the luxury of doing a chargeback from Amex.

For what it's worth since my last post he did reply to my text saying he hoped to have them out by the end of this week.

Latest update on my order is that it will ship June 5 or 8.
No shipping notice today and no reply to my latest email. I'm going to miss my first four autocross events because of these delays. Massively disappointing considering the race season is already shortened this year. Trying to be patient, but at this rate this order might end up being my winter wheels.

I don't think there's any intentional deception here, he's probably just as annoyed if not worse than we are. When your entire business model depends upon a supply chain you can neither see nor influence in time like this you are basically SOL and don't have the luxury of doing a chargeback from Amex.

For what it's worth since my last post he did reply to my text saying he hoped to have them out by the end of this week.

I'm hesitant to agree with you on the deception part. Ordered my wheels from him on 5/13/20, specifically asking him what the turnaround time was, and he said "4 weeks". By that date, there are already people lined up in this thread saying he keeps telling them their orders are delayed. He was 100% aware of the delay, yet he still chose to tell me 4 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.