Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.36.1 update released with 5% power increase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So far, it does not appear to! Subject to further info of course - it would be really hard to detect a small efficiency difference. It certainly is possible though - they could make the drive of the motor more efficient at all speeds and that would potentially allow greater power output for the same input power (which would mean more range all else being equal).

In theory you could use the Stats fleet data to see a step change in the efficiency if it existed (it would also depends on the Stats definition of efficiency and where it gets that definition from). But coming at the same time as a record cold snap makes it more difficult to see small shifts in that data as well as you can see. Mid-summer would have been easier to see! Also only 29% rollout so far. In any case no evidence that I've heard that there is any efficiency improvement yet. It's unclear what to expect going forward in regards to efficiency.

View attachment 476327

Agreed. Also, there's now an argument on whether that 5% range increase was even discussed/meant in the first place.

AWD non-P

Yeah, already posted about here:
MASTER THREAD: 2019.36.2.1 roll out and features

That 0-100 change is very hard to believe though- will wait on someone with vbox/draggy to confirm

EDIT- same thread a few posts later links to a youtuber who ran a draggy before/after, same ~0.1 quicker 0-60, but only about 0.2 quicker in the 1/4 mile (and a bit over 2 mph higher trap speed)

A 0.2 gain in the 1/4 is significant. My best is 11.6. An 11.4 would be most welcome. Going to try and hit the track on Friday weather permitting.

Agreed. Also, there's now an argument on whether that 5% range increase was even discussed/meant in the first place.

Yeah I know...I have mixed thoughts on that, but in the end, "we will see!" Definitely I would agree there was never discussion about a 5% increase. This thread is for 36.1, but I guess it's a proxy for the 36.2 as well since there is lots of crossover. Anyway I haven't heard about a confirmed efficiency change, or rated miles change, in either update. The rated miles display is not the litmus test for range increase for the old vehicles. I expect that the new 2020 vehicles will eventually display their rated range, which will presumably mean a constant change for those vehicles at least (unless they made the battery bigger which I doubt). But no idea what they'll do with the old vehicles - but even if the constant doesn't change on the old ones, it doesn't necessarily mean they don't get the efficiency improvement, of course. Probably hasn't happened yet though, if it's coming at all.

My general thoughts in a mistitled MR thread.

Reactions: WilliamG
Yeah I know...I have mixed thoughts on that, but in the end, "we will see!" Definitely I would agree there was never discussion about a 5% increase. This thread is for 36.1, but I guess it's a proxy for the 36.2 as well since there is lots of crossover. Anyway I haven't heard about a confirmed efficiency change, or rated miles change, in either update. The rated miles display is not the litmus test for range increase for the old vehicles. I expect that the new 2020 vehicles will eventually display their rated range, which will presumably mean a constant change for those vehicles at least (unless they made the battery bigger which I doubt). But no idea what they'll do with the old vehicles - but even if the constant doesn't change on the old ones, it doesn't necessarily mean they don't get the efficiency improvement, of course. Probably hasn't happened yet though, if it's coming at all.

5% rated range increase for Mid range + 2029.36.']My general thoughts in a mistitled MR thread.[/URL]

Yeah sounds like being mystified is part of the game right now!

With this 5% increase, guessing it would be +/-25hp, I wasn't expecting to notice much of a difference because it's not a huge amount.

However, the car seemed to accelerate substantially faster (more than adding 25hp would do) when starting from a 60-70mph roll through 100+. Has anyone else done the butt dyno test to see how the motors feel at a higher rpm as compared to previous? Almost like it was nerfed previously ... for lack of a better term.

With this 5% increase, guessing it would be +/-25hp, I wasn't expecting to notice much of a difference because it's not a huge amount.

However, the car seemed to accelerate substantially faster (more than adding 25hp would do) when starting from a 60-70mph roll through 100+. Has anyone else done the butt dyno test to see how the motors feel at a higher rpm as compared to previous? Almost like it was nerfed previously ... for lack of a better term.

I did the update earlier today and went up and down the road a few times in my model 3 performance. Before the update it seemed that the acceleration slowed noticeably at 60 then again at 90. Today the acceleration still dropped a little but it wasn't as noticeable.

Got the upgrade last night in Lisbon Portugal.
Definite seat of the pants boost in acceleration - very noticeable I have the 18 inch wheels.
One pedal braking will take a day or two to get used too , especially backing up and going into garage.
All in all a super upgrade THX Tesla

Got the upgrade last night in Lisbon Portugal.
Definite seat of the pants boost in acceleration - very noticeable I have the 18 inch wheels.
One pedal braking will take a day or two to get used too , especially backing up and going into garage.
All in all a super upgrade THX Tesla

Agreed - very noticeable power increase IMO.

The regen braking is the way it should have been from the beginning and I really like it. Regen seems slightly stronger overall, too...

Feels much better at the top end. I passed someone up where the speed limit is 70 and when I got around them I was going faster than I usually get up to. I'm not saying it's 60-100+...