Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.36.1 update released with 5% power increase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sticking with scheduled start time until Tesla lets you set the ToU end time.... right now it's apparently locked at 6 AM because...I guess the programmers personal ToU rates change at 6AM? Mine change at 5, so I'd be paying an hour of higher rates if I used that.

I don't like how you specify "be done by 8am" but it finishes at 6am. It should just have one time. The target time. If I say I want it done by 5am, it will compare how much charge I need, how fast the connector will charge at, and start charging to finish at the target time. As-is, the target time is meaningless, and the actual time is hard coded.

Reactions: rlb4
I don't like how you specify "be done by 8am" but it finishes at 6am. It should just have one time. The target time. If I say I want it done by 5am, it will compare how much charge I need, how fast the connector will charge at, and start charging to finish at the target time. As-is, the target time is meaningless, and the actual time is hard coded.

Exactly. It is programmed to finish by 6 am no matter what time you set after that time. Not everyone's rates go up after 6 am. Mine are the same at all times so this is not very useful for most. Let us actually set the start by time. Or set the time that rates go up.

It always amazes me the variety of differences from owner to owner on how well updates work for them. Usually mine have been positive over the last 20 months.
But after a few days on 36.2.1 my experiences are mostly negative. NoA in general is one of the worst updates I've had.
Not nearly as smooth and I've disconnected it several times to keep my sanity. Approaching my regular exits has been an adventure and I have to take over much earlier then before. Tried Summon at work today and the car backed out of the space and started to drive the opposite direction. Previously it always worked fine.

I do like the one pedal driving though.

• Love
Reactions: tinkererguy
LR RWD updated.

The power!!

"5% power increase" doesn't quite capture the difference in feel.
The real power comes on much sooner than it used to.
Very shortly after take off, you get that rush of power that pushes you into the seat, it hangs around for a while after that and the usual passing power is still there at speeds above ~30mph.

I wouldn't put a number to it since it now has a whole new personality. Difficult to quantify, quick to satisfy.

There's been a snowstorm here the past few days so I haven't even gotten a chance to floor it yet.;)

Reactions: VT_EE
LR RWD updated.

The power!!

"5% power increase" doesn't quite capture the difference in feel.
The real power comes on much sooner than it used to.
Very shortly after take off, you get that rush of power that pushes you into the seat, it hangs around for a while after that and the usual passing power is still there at speeds above ~30mph.

I wouldn't put a number to it since it now has a whole new personality. Difficult to quantify, quick to satisfy.

There's been a snowstorm here the past few days so I haven't even gotten a chance to floor it yet.;)
Awesome description can't wait to test it out tomorrow night

Reactions: PearlShark
Got the update on my M3P and did a bunch of driving today. Definitely feels as though the throttle pedal has been remapped to bring more torque in at less throttle position input which makes the car drive much better IMO. The one pedal driving update is also a very nice addition, but the thing that surprised me the most is that traffic cones are now showing up on my screen and my car doesn’t have the FSD. I was under the impression that was only going to show up while using nav on ap.

IMO this is a bigger / better update than V10, completely changed the driving feel of the car in a very good way.

SR+ owner here, got the update overnight. I wish I had some actual data points but I'll just throw in that on my drive into work this morning i felt the car was noticeably accelerating faster when I floored it. That being said, I was at 90% battery having plugged in all night, So I can't say for sure if it was more because the battery was topped off vs the update.

One thing I've been hoping an update would "fix" but hasn't yet.....at some point the nag reminder to put your hands on the steering wheel seemed to shorten to a little under 30 seconds, I swear it was longer just a couple months ago. Am I imagining things, was it always at 30 seconds?