Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.40.50.x - Driving Visualization improvements, new voice commands, Camping Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If that's not accurate that that's how it worked for me for every command including playing music. If I don't hold down the button the command does not execute,if I do it does.
Maybe it's just the general flakiness of the feature now, where it recognizes what you're saying maybe 1 out of 10 times. And you just got "lucky" in that the ones that worked were while you were holding the button?

Didn't notice anything in relnotes about holding the button being required now either.

Reactions: Eagledon
So, I have 50.1 installed and new visualizations work as advertised, but there is one very annoying (to me) issue... :confused: The MAX speed indicator, normally a blue ring, with speed limited contained within when active, remains a gray circle with speed limit within, when not activated. This gray icon blocks the stoplight visualizations. I noticed this gray ring and speed limit indicator an update or two ago and now want to turn this off somehow as it really screws up the new stoplight visualizations. :mad: Question: Anyone know how to turn this crap off? :confused::)

Completely agree. Very sloppy. Surprised it went out like that. I haven't figured out a way to get rid of that circle.

Reactions: jebinc
Important FYI:
I haven't read through the whole thread but in order for voice control functionality to work you must hold down the right button for the entire time you speak the command,which is a change to the prior voice control functionality.
Well, that’s annoying. Imagine trying to issue a voice command while doing hand-over-hand steering.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
That update trick was debunked not long after it was reported. Even if it did work this version is still only available to vehicles in Early Access at the moment which is an extremely small percentage of the entire fleet.
Just got my car two days ago. Hit the advance button this morning and 30 minutes later I was all updated. Works pretty good. It sees the traffic lights and what color they are.
E544E795-E81D-4C30-AACB-2FDB2ED02B0E.jpeg