Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2021 Model 3 - Charge data, battery discussion etc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got around to taking the picture of the battery. E3D, BB 1104423-00-P just as expected. (Still don't have SMT.) 1 968 km on the odometer. (Took delivery 15. des, 836XXX)

Also charged my battery from 5% to 100% with 45min navigate to supercharger (then a detour for 25min while I still had the navigate to supercharger on). Also regen dots when finished charging. Software 48.30
Model 3 LR E3D - My battery + new 100% charge - 2020.48.30

Weight empty car, 1860 kg (tow bar+2 charging cables in frunk)

My previous charge test on 2020.48.12.1
Charging after 48.12.1

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: FredMt
Here is the reference from my E5D model 3 2021.
For your reference the VIN start by 818

Attachments

• 85A9A0F6-AE0D-4732-B687-60E734344CB0.jpeg
    85A9A0F6-AE0D-4732-B687-60E734344CB0.jpeg
    406 KB · Views: 107
Terrible charging speed on the 2021 panasonic 82 kWh vs the 2019 one.
Is this physical or is it just a software nerf that will be lifted? Kinda ironic if 2021 Performance charges SLOWER than a 2019 LR.

The old one charged slow until Tesla unlocked faster charging via software update. That's what we believe will happen with this new one too. They just need some months to test it

Terrible charging speed on the 2021 panasonic 82 kWh vs the 2019 one.
Is this physical or is it just a software nerf that will be lifted? Kinda ironic if 2021 Performance charges SLOWER than a 2019 LR.

In my opinion it is not possible to conclude yet. In a way the Panasonic pack with the new cells with an increased density of 5% is new too, and it would not be surprising if it is tuned differently in the future, after initial feedback from users.

The old one charged slow until Tesla unlocked faster charging via software update
They unlocked higher top charging speed of 250kW, not faster charge curve in itself. Here the cars have the same or similar top charge speed so I don't think they will change anything. Plus the difference is not that much as he makes it to be - 81% on his old car ( it had a high degradation) is 74-75% on his new car. If you factor in that, the difference is maybe a minute to 80% (maybe 2 minutes) in winter vs summer...

Also his conclustion that the LG battery finished faster is also not correct, because his LG battery has only 73.5kWh or so, which is a total 8kWh less than his Panasonic. Or at 90% LG, the Panasonic was at 82% or about 8 minutes faster which is pretty much what we have seen from LG so far.

Also his conclustion that the LG battery finished faster is also not correct, because his LG battery has only 73.5kWh or so, which is a total 8kWh less than his Panasonic. Or at 90% LG, the Panasonic was at 82% or about 8 minutes faster which is pretty much what we have seen from LG so far.
While technically true, that also means Panasonic gets to charge at optimal SoC for longer than LG, which is the biggest limiter along with temperature in terms of charging speed.
And for practical purposes, how long you wait in the car before it's full is the determining factor, not how long you would have waited if you had X kW extra and the same charging speed.

Thanks to those owners sending in their pack labels and associated data. Helps fill in our data on pack part numbers. It does appear from these reports that these specifically images are from the E5D packs, which are around 75-75.5kWh capacity when new (check SMT reports of Nominal Full Pack for the exact details, but this is within 0.5kWh or so). Would be good to get another image from an LG E5D owner in Europe just for verification that cars with these packs have actually been shipped to the EU (we've seen the clear SMT captures showing 74.5kWh from Europe, but I don't recall seeing the associated battery pack label for that exact capture).

"Full Pack When New" (FPWN) is hard coded value not reflective of actual initial pack capacity.

1522312-00-C: LG - ~75kWh (EU E5D AWDs). ("FPWN" 74.5kWh from some SMT reports). (Validation of this Czech Republic report needed.)
1104423-00-P: Pana - ~77.8kWh (soft locked to ~75kWh in EU) (US, and EU E3D AWDs) ("FPWN" 77.8kWh)
1104423-0L-P, 1104423-0L-P: Pana - ~80.7kWh (range: 79kWh-81.5kWh) - EU Performance and US Performance. ("FPWN" 82.1kWh) Tesla terminology seems to call this "2170L" cell.

1104423-00: Pana - 77.8kWh (???) (EU 2021 Performance; unverified report, from France)

Some of this is from memory, so if there are any mistakes please correct them.

I think that you can add
E5D of @knuckles95
Style": SH
Ref : 1522312-00-C
2021 Model 3 - Charge data

And the last one reference
(1104423-00: Pana - 77.8kWh (???) (EU 2021 Performance; unverified report, from France))

is confirmed here (2 pictures)
Batterie de 82 kWh sur la Model 3 Grande Autonomie version 2021

Reference is finaly :
style CB (like perf)
1104423 - 00 - T
I think it can t be a 77,8kWh i propose to stay range ??? Totaly open.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
I think that you can add
E5D of @knuckles95
Style": SH
Ref : 1522312-00-C
2021 Model 3 - Charge data

And the last one reference
(1104423-00: Pana - 77.8kWh (???) (EU 2021 Performance; unverified report, from France))

is confirmed here (2 pictures)
Batterie de 82 kWh sur la Model 3 Grande Autonomie version 2021

Reference is finaly :
style CB (like perf)
1104423 - 00 - T
I think it can t be a 77,8kWh i propose to stay range ??? Totaly open.

RE: Weird performance pack.

Weird how in the first picture from Arnaud you can't even see the T, at all.

I would just like to have him provide that picture of the energy screen that allows calculation of battery capacity (%, recent efficiency, and projected range, at a high SoC%). No need to wait for SMT.

Interesting that it is a different pack revision number but still the same base part number, but without the 0L modifier. I wonder if this "T" version represents some future pack populated with denser cells that will ultimately be in all Model 3 LRs?

Anyway, would be good to have the energy screen info.

RE: Weird performance pack.

Weird how in the first picture from Arnaud you can't even see the T, at all.

I would just like to have him provide that picture of the energy screen that allows calculation of battery capacity (%, recent efficiency, and projected range, at a high SoC%). No need to wait for SMT.

Interesting that it is a different pack revision number but still the same base part number, but without the 0L modifier. I wonder if this "T" version represents some future pack populated with denser cells that will ultimately be in all Model 3 LRs?

Anyway, would be good to have the energy screen info.

Yes on first picture we saw before, there was a shadow which hide the T.
Second picture is clear.
About energy screen, i had asked but it seems that he has forget. I will ask him again.

don t have SMT yet
Very important to read SMT data - cell voltage when full, nominal full and nominal full remaining and als he should try and do the test Nyland did with the power limit below 15°C and see how much discharge power they have. Maybe Nyland lucked out on the Performance battery too.

Please also ask him to take a screenshot when he reaches 4.15V to see how much kWh nominal remaining that is.