Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mat recommendations?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We wanted the Tesla (WeatherTech) mats in our X as we have them in our S and love them. Unfortunately, Tesla doesn't have the front mats yet. I was going to purchase just the others, but decided to give Topfit mats a try since we wanted side coverage for the front mats. I think they looked really gaudy online, but they look much better in person. My wife prefers the look over weathertech, saying they look nicer and more luxurious - I prefer the look of weathertech, which I think is less noticeable and intrusive.

But as you said, still expensive. It was $380 for the entire set, all trunks, seat backs, rows 1-3.

Cheapest will be Toughmats and Lloyds. I saw an open box set for a 7 seater for $85 on ebay the other day
**not my auction, can't vouch for the seller, just saw in my own search**
but they looked pretty flimsy from the pictures.

We wanted the Tesla (WeatherTech) mats in our X as we have them in our S and love them. Unfortunately, Tesla doesn't have the front mats yet. I was going to purchase just the others, but decided to give Topfit mats a try since we wanted side coverage for the front mats. I think they looked really gaudy online, but they look much better in person. My wife prefers the look over weathertech, saying they look nicer and more luxurious - I prefer the look of weathertech, which I think is less noticeable and intrusive.

But as you said, still expensive. It was $380 for the entire set, all trunks, seat backs, rows 1-3.

Cheapest will be Toughmats and Lloyds. I saw an open box set for a 7 seater for $85 on ebay the other day

Tesla added the front mats last night

+1 on the Topfit, looks much nicer in person and offers much more comprehensive protection then others.

Yeah they are expensive but wanted something that would last and not worry about any spills. Cheaper on eBay then Amazon.

Small price to protect the interior of a 100K+ car ;).

As far as i am concerned, Topfit floor mat is nicer,and its quality is very good.Perfect fit with my car.
61plCBcFpPL._SL1001_.jpg

i just bit the bullet and ordered the mats from Tesla...they look like the best design and i won't feel bad getting them dirty.

i did not get the frunk or behind the 3rd row mats...thoughts?

Depending on what you put in the frunk, you may or may not benefit from the mat up there. I didn't order that one because my frunk is mainly long term storage (tow hitch, air compressor, tire repair kit, first aid kit, etc) and I have all of that in a cargo organizer.

I do like my trunk mat - I got the half mat for when the seats are up. I like it a lot and it's way easier to keep clean than the carpeted well cover. If I fold down the seats for cargo, I have a heavy canvas dog mat that I found in one of the online third party Tesla stores that does a good job of keeping the dirt contained.

Depending on what you put in the frunk, you may or may not benefit from the mat up there. I didn't order that one because my frunk is mainly long term storage (tow hitch, air compressor, tire repair kit, first aid kit, etc) and I have all of that in a cargo organizer.

I do like my trunk mat - I got the half mat for when the seats are up. I like it a lot and it's way easier to keep clean than the carpeted well cover. If I fold down the seats for cargo, I have a heavy canvas dog mat that I found in one of the online third party Tesla stores that does a good job of keeping the dirt contained.

thanks, i need to get a chademo adapter as well, so maybe i will add to my next order...

Reactions: travis010
i just bit the bullet and ordered the mats from Tesla...they look like the best design and i won't feel bad getting them dirty.

i did not get the frunk or behind the 3rd row mats...thoughts?

I've had the Tesla mats as well as the Topfit ones. If you use it often, the frunk is best with the Tesla mats. The sides curl up to contain any dirt, mud, water, etc. from running off the sides. If you don't use it much, it won't be much of a difference.

For the rear, I prefer the topfit as they allow you to use it with the seats up or down. However, the Tesla mats again offer side protection (we have them in the S) which is great if you don't have to fold the 3rd row up and down often.

The weathertech/tesla front mats are great...to start. The plastic eventually starts curling away from the sides after a while.

I've had the Tesla mats as well as the Topfit ones. If you use it often, the frunk is best with the Tesla mats. The sides curl up to contain any dirt, mud, water, etc. from running off the sides. If you don't use it much, it won't be much of a difference.

For the rear, I prefer the topfit as they allow you to use it with the seats up or down. However, the Tesla mats again offer side protection (we have them in the S) which is great if you don't have to fold the 3rd row up and down often.

The weathertech/tesla front mats are great...to start. The plastic eventually starts curling away from the sides after a while.

Great, thanks for the feedback. My main reason for getting these in the first place, was because the sides on the mats which should help contain mud and water which can be poured out or easily cleaned...

I will be using the frunk and trunk for traveling, so luggage only, and the 3rd row will be up for those journey's (hope to do a 1000+ mile round trip this weekend) but i'm still considering getting these mats as crumbs always seem to materialize from somewhere. :confused:;)

Reactions: travis010
Great, thanks for the feedback. My main reason for getting these in the first place, was because the sides on the mats which should help contain mud and water which can be poured out or easily cleaned...

I will be using the frunk and trunk for traveling, so luggage only, and the 3rd row will be up for those journey's (hope to do a 1000+ mile round trip this weekend) but i'm still considering getting these mats as crumbs always seem to materialize from somewhere. :confused:;)

Then definitely the Tesla mats! They've done admirably containing mud, sand from the beach, etc. in both the frunk and trunk. I would probably recommend getting the 3rd row up trunk mat and then the topfit seat backs. It stinks because you'll have a ledge when the 3rd row is down, but it's pretty flexible rubber so it squashes when you put stuff on top. It just won't look as pretty. They've held up really well against all sorts of abuse. (In all fairness, the topfit did quite well with mud as well from a material perspective but failed to contain it and we had some spillover)