Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Matching Campers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Hey dear, Tesla is about to announce their new electric pickup truck. Can I get one?" (For purposes of domestic tranquility, of course. You're going to order one anyway, of course.)
"Yes, so long as it pulls whatever camper I want."

So you got a Cybertruck to haul a camping trailer.
What matching rig to get?

Wow, why do the Australians make all the good campers? What about North America? I agree with the idea of an Airstream, an unpainted trailer for an unpainted truck. Just leave them out in the sun for a few decades and see who rots first. But the SMALLEST Airstream? With 14,000 lbs towing capacity, you could tow all but the largest one with ease:

iu.jpeg

BUT, they are NOT very aerodynamic (despite the name) so I was thinking maybe Alto:

iu

Alto – Lightweight Travel Trailers | Safari Condo

I am actually looking at baseplates for my current RV. Why buy new when I can just tow my motorhome?

When FSD arrives I can drive the RV and have the Tesla follow me like a convoy, or if I don't wanna drive, hitch them up and let the cT do the work.

Last edited:
Yes the Cybertruck can pull darned near anything, and I put in an order accordingly.
That said: I'm a minimalist at heart, and if going to travel long distances would rather pull something having minimal impact on range.

500+ miles is great until you're trying to fully recharge every 200 thanks to hauling a building with the aerodynamics of a brick. ...but please find something that will change my mind.

AND if you are hauling a house behind you will have to detach it somewhere and go charge, there are very few Superchargers that can handle charging with anything but a tiny trailer behind you.

Really the best bet is going to be some sort of camper for the pickup bed instead of a trailer. Since the cT will already have HVAC and electricity, WHY LEAVE? Just needs to be more comfortable than the bare bed.

With that polished exterior it seems like it would be more for a Tesla MX owner, someone who ALREADY has one Fabergé Egg:
Endless Highways ® Edition
The Endless Highways is the ultimate luxury performance RV. As the industry leader with the most advanced technology, our high tech design is further elevated by more than two dozen luxurious and exclusive features and accessories. An exquisite manifestation of freedom, technology, and design, the Endless Highways ensures that your adventures are only as limited as your imagination.

The Bowlus Road Chief – Endless Highways starts at $185,000.

Reactions: dazedNconfuzed
AND if you are hauling a house behind you will have to detach it somewhere and go charge, there are very few Superchargers that can handle charging with anything but a tiny trailer behind you.

Really the best bet is going to be some sort of camper for the pickup bed instead of a trailer. Since the cT will already have HVAC and electricity, WHY LEAVE? Just needs to be more comfortable than the bare bed.
This is what I'm hoping for and I'm sure there will be third party options eventually. Of the trailers listed here I like the Basecamp best followed by the smallest Alto.

Last edited:
BUT, they are NOT very aerodynamic (despite the name) so I was thinking maybe Alto:

iu

Alto – Lightweight Travel Trailers | Safari Condo

We have a 23' Airstream which we currently tow with a BMW X5 Diesel. I'm not sure why you are saying they are not aerodynamic, as I'm able to get over 17 mpg while towing at highway speeds. The Safari Condo ALTO is nice, but small. Only reason to get one is if you don't really have tow capacity (and the cyber truck will have plenty of tow capacity, but not a ton of range). FWIW, we used to have a Sprinter conversion (Pleasureway Plateau) and converted to Airstream. I'm hoping the Cybertruck will be the tow vehicle of the future, but that's purely "hope".

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak
I have a Sprinter too, It's a 3500 that weighs 8900 dry. Thinking I may just tow that with my cT since I already own it. I think the Airstream may be pretty smooth, but it doesn't have the tapered end that the Alto has. The cT also isn't as tall as the Airstream so that trailer will stick up into the airstream (sic) and slow you down. They do look very comfortable.