Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Max size tire on 2021 M3P Uberturbine wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
265/30/20 is the only way to go. This thread is full of misinformation. I wonder why.
IMG_0553.jpeg

Reactions: narth327
Different strokes... I want more sidewall than stock but the 265/30 is smaller diameter than stock. It's not going to be stretched so it will look better, but I want more impact protection (potholes, not sidewall).
It isn't about different strokes. Ideally, you should NOT change the outer diameter of the OEM fit. 265/30 is 1% shorter. 1% is NOMINAL compared to either 245 or 255/35. If you want more sidewall, get 19 or 18" rims; don't increase the diameter because it RUINS the ride

It isn't about different strokes. Ideally, you should NOT change the outer diameter of the OEM fit. 265/30 is 1% shorter. 1% is NOMINAL compared to either 245 or 255/35. If you want more sidewall, get 19 or 18" rims; don't increase the diameter because it RUINS the ride
I just got the 255/35-20 PS4Ss installed this weekend and it is FANTASTIC! The steering is slightly less direct (expected), but there is nothing that was ruined.
...different strokes

Reactions: Jangy
are the uberturbines wider than the previous M3P wheels? i feel like i saw someplace where it listed the uberturbine performance wheels as 9" while the older performance (2020) wheels were 8.5" in width.

I just got the 255/35-20 PS4Ss installed this weekend and it is FANTASTIC! The steering is slightly less direct (expected), but there is nothing that was ruined.
...different strokes
Ok so I'm confused. There was an earlier post with 255/35/r20 PS4S installed with pictures that were hitting, but yours are fine. What's the difference in setups here?

They fit on some of our M3P's... did you try
I would have gone with 275/30/20 but they rub slightly in the front (on the inner). I'm opposed to spacers, so 265/30 was my option
They fit on some M3P's in the fronts... did you try fitment and they rubbed on yours? I'm thinking of trying 275/30/20's out next time. I'll probably just buy a pair of them for the rear and try them out on the fronts for a couple weeks to see if they're rubbing, then either running them square or staggered depending on the result.

This youtuber had no issues with 275/30/20 in the front:

I have been thinking about going 255/30 R20. Seems to make the most sense when looking at the tire size calculators. I want to stay away from going any wider as I don't feel it would be a good mix of width and height on the OEM 9" wide rim. Anyone have any thoughts?
All cars feel better with reduced unsprung weight; you guys are adding unsprung weight to a perfectly good driver...there may be consequences...