Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maximum Range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my Raven at the end of August and it now has 17k miles. I’ve noticed lately that when I charge it I now get a different range total than when it was delivered. For example, my 90% is 315 miles max, always. That is not 90% of the advertised range, my 100% is also less than 350.

Any idea as to why?

It is based on your actual driving averages. The car learns as you drive it. This is normal and happens to all of us. You can change your driving habits by putting the car in Range Mode and Chill Mode or you can enjoy having an amazing car.

Brent
Not only are you wrong. But also
I loathe people who say that with a passion.

“oh you have an issue, ehhh forget about it and enjoy the car”

I took delivery of my Raven at the end of August and it now has 17k miles. I’ve noticed lately that when I charge it I now get a different range total than when it was delivered. For example, my 90% is 315 miles max, always. That is not 90% of the advertised range, my 100% is also less than 350.

Any idea as to why?

At 17k you've started to take a brunt of the degradation. The first year or so will be quite a steep cliff before evening out. Everyone's battery does this.. but luckily it should taper off now and you shouldn't be losing much anymore.

Drain it to under 10% and recharge to 100% should help with BMS calibration though some of this is degradation I think a good bit is just calibration.

From roughly 10-90% voltage is flat so the computer can not measure charge level. Just tried to track in and out.

Occasionally letting it get to the top and bottom where voltage starts to change let's it recalibrate.

• Informative
Reactions: BulldogsRus