Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maxton Design Canada (now also US)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Perscitus

Jan 29, 2019
Florida
I see a few mentions of this company, its regional subsids plus Tesla specific products on here (Model S subforum, etc) and on the other Model 3 fora... but given they just recently established US operations (and offer free shipping!), figured it was worth while reminding fellow Model 3 owners of their existance.

No affiliation but seems like an interesting option for those looking for what they offer.

See here:
Tesla
(plenty of Model S, X, 3 products but shipping costs to US ~50% parts cost, border stall possible, good for our Canadian members though)

And here:
MAXTON DESIGN USA: Online Store for visual tuning auto body parts
(free shippijg but no Tesla products offered yet)

I already pinged them re Tesla product offering in the US. Waiting to hear back.

Reactions: Lagv1983
I was looking at their rear valance but I don't want anything with a horizontal wing. In the photos on their site of the valance on the car, it has rear side splitters as well which stick out horizontally - this is what I don't want. They do not have any pictures of the valance mounted without the splitters. Looking at the picture of the valance by itself, there is a small horizontal piece and I can't tell if this horizontal piece sticks out or not. I have asked the vendor this question but they don't seem to know so not sure if that is a sign of the service to be expected. Prices are reasonable though.

maxton.jpg

I like the diffuser but am wondering if you can really even see it on a lowered 3 (unless you are behind and low relative to the bumper). It is fairly priced for sure...but shipping is kinda $ from Canada. A US distributor is a great thing. Other thing, it appears like stock on these is touch and go....the Canadian folks only have gloss in stock with several months wait to get matte (or fake CF) finish. I think I would get matte if I got this.

I like the diffuser but am wondering if you can really even see it on a lowered 3 (unless you are behind and low relative to the bumper). It is fairly priced for sure...but shipping is kinda $ from Canada. A US distributor is a great thing. Other thing, it appears like stock on these is touch and go....the Canadian folks only have gloss in stock with several months wait to get matte (or fake CF) finish. I think I would get matte if I got this.

Yes, you can see it.

The parts take a long time to drop ship by ship from the factory and HQ in Poland.
Hence anything not listed or currently already in stock at the Canada or US independently owned distributors must be a. ordered as part of a bigger bulk order b. manufactured c. shipped from Eastern Europe to North America (COVID delays and customs restrictions galore). d. make it to local distributor, e. be marked up for profit and then f. sold and shipped locally to wherever.

Just to give you a sense - the diffuser retails for $128 in its native market and costs about a quarter of that to manufacture (once all the R&D, tooling etc is done). However shipping alone (even in bulk and at commercial rates) can easily double the retail price needed to turn a small profit by the time it hits US shores.

The US distributor is new and doesnt really sell their Tesla 3/Y/X/S offerings yet. Only the Canadian one offers some limited pickings as others wrote above.

• Informative
Reactions: TypeRx