TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

May 31st Delivery Rockville Md ..90D

Discussion in 'Model X' started by dhelmly, May 31, 2016.

1. dhelmly

dhelmly Member

I've already posted this in the other forum but I know this is a huge concern for people waiting for their X's.
    --------

Just a quick note as I took delivery today at the Rockville MD location Vin # 4971 . I had the current Model X Delivery Issues Checklist (user created/updated) in hand (5 pages) and went through each one (nice to have this list in hand). I will say that I only found 1 tiny issue with a small amount glue on the inside driver side door handle which they offered to clean . Everything else from gaps to fit & finish appear near perfect.

** Tech Note ** Later in the day, I noticed that Cruise Control would not engage nor would autopilot. After reviewing the settings I remembered we discussed auto pilot and you needed to acknowledge that its in beta and this setting might have been the issue. I ended up doing a full system reset via the screen and all work fine after accepting the beta notice. I'll be watching this.

I think this of us worried about the few botched early deliveries can now start to breathe a little easier. Thanks Elon for camping out at the end of the Model X delivery line to insure quality control is in force. Clearly it worked....

Nice job Rockville Team (Thanks - Adam & Eric)

Dave - # 4971

• Like x 4
    • Love x 1
  2. Jon

Jon Member

This is great to hear, and thank you for posting. By all reports, mine is completed production and in shipping purgatory.

Cheers,

Jon

• Funny x 1
  3. xkwizit

xkwizit Member

Congrats!

4. Amoroso6

Amoroso6 Member

Jealous

• Funny x 1
  5. madodel

madodel X at the end of a rainbow

Welcome to the the eXclusive X Club!

6. DMH-DMH

DMH-DMH Member

I picked mine up on 5/28 and it was pure bliss for 3 days and then the driver side door wouldn't latch despite multiple reset attempts as directed in the reset thread. Hopefully your honeymoon lasts longer

7. Aljohn

Aljohn Member

Great . Enjoy your X. I charged in the 'tiny" Rockville SC. The Tesla people were super nice -- pointing out I could drive straight in.

Congrats...