Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

McKinley Car Wash

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Papafox

Supporting Member
Jan 12, 2013
Hawaii
Referral Code
A neighbor just bought a Model S and loves it (getting one for the wife too!). He typically washes his car at the McKinley car wash, but sees problems with the Tesla because of allowing the car to be left in neutral during the wash and also trusting the car wash employee with doing things right. He has concluded that what he needs to do is sit in the car during the wash and keep it in neutral.

Do any of you regularly use this car wash and how do you manage it?
thx!

While Bishop's suggestions are good ones, and I do not expect that Honolulu will any time soon offer AudubonB a chance to use a DenaliTundraWash off Kalakaua Blvd, I'm still curious if any of you use the McKinley Car Wash and whether you remain in the car or brief the attendant on how to achieve neutral for the wash. Much thanks.

I only wash my own car now, but before I used Yakima's service on the corner of King and Keeaumoku. They have plenty of practice with my Tesla and I never had any problems. It used to be around $13 (I didn't opt for the wax) but I've heard they've raised their prices so not sure what they charge now.