Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mcu2 holiday update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the insight! I still think the v10 grey icons look cleaner (the v11 ones look like Android GingerBread version from 2010). But I could live with it. My other concern before updating is the loss of radar on the highway. Is it true that they disabled the radar and are vision only with the current updates, even for us legacy cars?

Have you noticed any difference in autopilot capability/performance since updating?

I use NoA ALL THE TIME.

What about follow distance? Do you still have follow distance of 1 as an option? Or 2 minimum?
I thought the colorful icons would bother me too but they really dont. I have AP1 (single front facing camera) and have not noticed any different in autopilot, they aren't removing the functionality radar from AP1 cars. If you have AP2 oe AP2.5 I doubt they would remove the radar, but if you have the HW3 retrofit then you'd probably get radar removed in the latest update.

I thought the colorful icons would bother me too but they really dont. I have AP1 (single front facing camera) and have not noticed any different in autopilot, they aren't removing the functionality radar from AP1 cars. If you have AP2 oe AP2.5 I doubt they would remove the radar, but if you have the HW3 retrofit then you'd probably get radar removed in the latest update.
Yes, i have HW3. Ok, thanks, appreciate it.

One more question. On my wife's Model Y, i hate the new small music section/situation. On your screenshot the music is pulled down too far to tell. Is there another level when pulling up the music a little bit (like in v10), and what does it look like? Is it decent for recent/favorites?
I really like my v10 music setup compared to what I see on Model Y v11 setup.

Yes, i have HW3. Ok, thanks, appreciate it.

One more question. On my wife's Model Y, i hate the new small music section/situation. On your screenshot the music is pulled down too far to tell. Is there another level when pulling up the music a little bit (like in v10), and what does it look like? Is it decent for recent/favorites?
I really like my v10 music setup compared to what I see on Model Y v11 setup.
Yes, there is another 'level' that the Music can go up to, about half screen. Each source has it's own section, you can change the source with the small drop down arrow (I highlighted this with a red box) or you can pin the audio source to the bottom. I have pinned the orange icon for "Streaming" (used to be Slacker radio/LiveXOne) and the blue icon for Bluetooth. The teal icon for TuneIn is on the right side of the "..." because it was recently used.
20221222_112755.jpg

I feel like we are getting off-topic from the holiday update thread. I am sure there are a few other threads on here that cover the differences and new features of v10->v11 a bit more thoroughly.

Interesting....actually considering finally making the plunge to v11. I'm still on v10. Though to be honest, not sure its worth it at this point. Still really don't see any main advantages to v11 over v10 for legacy. It's not like I would have any new useful features like Blind Spot Camera or remote sentry since they are leaving us out in the cold with those features.
FWIW, I regret going from V10 to V11. It took them about 6 months to somewhat pair the UI but it is still not as good as V10. Major issues are the app tray limitations and more confusing media controls. You will have more clicks in V11 than in V10. Not worth the time spend to learn the new interface because there are no major benefits.

BTW, consider that the radar will be disabled.

• Love
Reactions: Art VandeIay
FWIW, I regret going from V10 to V11. It took them about 6 months to somewhat pair the UI but it is still not as good as V10. Major issues are the app tray limitations and more confusing media controls. You will have more clicks in V11 than in V10. Not worth the time spend to learn the new interface because there are no major benefits.

BTW, consider that the radar will be disabled.
I didn't do the upgrade from v10->v11 upgrade until Sept 2022 so about 9 months after the update was released 😉 I will say the major improvements are
  • Way-points being able to be added/rearranged
  • Slightly improved charging speeds (for me at least)
  • Improved service menu
  • Monthly charging stats being visible in the phone app
  • Alternate map routing/Traffic Along Route
I will say there are some minor steps backwards with the GUI unfortunately, but overall I am I happy with the update and don't regret being on the latest v11.1 Holiday update.

I do not dispute that there were improvements with V11 - you mentioned probably the most important ones. However, more frequently used functions like HVAC and media controls are less intuitive than before. Also, for some losing the radar could be a pretty serious issue as well.

Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
I do not dispute that there were improvements with V11 - you mentioned probably the most important ones. However, more frequently used functions like HVAC and media controls are less intuitive than before. Also, for some losing the radar could be a pretty serious issue as well.
I never said you did dispute the improvements. You listed v11's shortcomings that you've noticed and I listed it's improvements that I've noticed.

You were saying you regretted doing the upgrade, I was saying that I was happy with the upgrade. Just 2 people getting the same update and having 2 different opinions based on their daily usage of it. Of coruse I dont have HW3, so the removal of radar doesnt affect me and my use of music is getting in the car and playing Pandora from BT on my phone 90% of the time. And HVAC usage is pretty basic as well. I interact much more with the NAV than I do with the Music/HVAC so that is probably why our experiences are so different.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”. ― John Lydgate

I never said you did dispute the improvements. You listed v11's shortcomings that you've noticed and I listed it's improvements that I've noticed.

You were saying you regretted doing the upgrade, I was saying that I was happy with the upgrade. Just 2 people getting the same update and having 2 different opinions based on their daily usage of it. Of coruse I dont have HW3, so the removal of radar doesnt affect me and my use of music is getting in the car and playing Pandora from BT on my phone 90% of the time. And HVAC usage is pretty basic as well. I interact much more with the NAV than I do with the Music/HVAC so that is probably why our experiences are so different.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”. ― John Lydgate
That is why the OP has to decide what is best in their context of usage.

Right side steering wheel controls half dead. After the last update (and coincidentally after a visit to the Service Center to get the frunk latch adjusted), the scroll wheel and talk button are DOA. The screen button chooses "Fan Speed" but the wheel doesn't work, so not only can the choices vary, they can't be chosen, the fan cannot be adjusted, calls can't be made (or, if made from the big screen, can't be ended). I think you get the picture. Anyone else have this dandy side effect? (The fit of the frunk is not good any more, so I'm headed back to the SC anyway, just thought I'd ask.)