Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla holiday update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all. Looks like they officially released the holiday update.

I have a model S 2020 Performance With FSD. “Legacy S”. Literally few months before the refresh.

All I care about is do we actually have remote sentry or blind spot monitor actually activated for our Legacy” Model S cars.

Anyone know?a

I haven’t been able to download yet. Sure I’ll find out soon enough. Hoping for wing and a prayer but don’t have high hopes.

Did the Tesla gods still care about those who got them where they are today?

Reactions: RNHurt
Hello all. Looks like they officially released the holiday update.

I have a model S 2020 Performance With FSD. “Legacy S”. Literally few months before the refresh.

All I care about is do we actually have remote sentry or blind spot monitor actually activated for our Legacy” Model S cars.

Anyone know?a

I haven’t been able to download yet. Sure I’ll find out soon enough. Hoping for wing and a prayer but don’t have high hopes.

Did the Tesla gods still care about those who got them where they are today?
As the owner of a 2020 MX "legacy" vehicle, I feel your pain. I just got the holiday update and does not include the remote sentry, updated light shows, or traffic lights/cameras. I do not know if has the blind spot monitor because I've not been out driving yet. 😢

As the owner of a 2020 MX "legacy" vehicle, I feel your pain. I just got the holiday update and does not include the remote sentry, updated light shows, or traffic lights/cameras. I do not know if has the blind spot monitor because I've not been out driving yet. 😢
I can verify most of the features work, but no blind spot monitor shown in the garage, and no way I'm backing out in this weather.

This one a 2022, but I have USS like you. Sorta Legacy, pre "Vision"

I really want the blind spot monitor to be avaible. Been waiting on this. Can you check the settings or something?

I am disappointed they didn’t include the speed cameras for legacy S/X. It cannot be a hardware issue at all! Hope Tesla brings it because the hardware should be capable of doing it! (Its just to show where the speed camera is, right now doesn’t even have an alert)
So the legacy does not show stop signs and stop lights either?
What about alternative routes?
And also on the App?

Correct, the legacy cars don't have the ability to see traffic lights or speed cameras. I don't think its a problem with the car being able to provide those features, rather it's probably the trouble of testing them on "old" cars. Though I'm not sure 2020 should be considered old. 😠

Correct, the legacy cars don't have the ability to see traffic lights or speed cameras. I don't think its a problem with the car being able to provide those features, rather it's probably the trouble of testing them on "old" cars. Though I'm not sure 2020 should be considered old. 😠
Well, I could have had an older or newer, or better car, but I could never have paid more than my '22.

Curious if you can plan travel and see routes in the App. Using the location tab.

So the legacy does not show stop signs and stop lights either?
What about alternative routes?
And also on the App?

It does show stop signs and stop lights in the IC not in the touchscreen but the speed cameras on the 3/Y and I guess new S/X are in the touchscreen not the IC. Not sure if this is right but the speed cameras are just like a point of interest in the map and currently you can show it…

It does show stop signs and stop lights in the IC not in the touchscreen but the speed cameras on the 3/Y and I guess new S/X are in the touchscreen not the IC. Not sure if this is right but the speed cameras are just like a point of interest in the map and currently you can show it…
Looks like to get it on the touchscreen you have to have the tilting screen HW3.

But, can you see this on the Tesla App?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231221-122759.png
    Screenshot_20231221-122759.png
    632.7 KB · Views: 41
Looks like to get it on the touchscreen you have to have the tilting screen HW3.

But, can you see this on the Tesla App?
Yes I can. That’s just the route planning through the phone right?

Also my car has MCU 2 and HW3 (autopilot 3.0). I don’t think this requires more than that as like I said, google maps already have speed cameras included in their data base and they can show this.

Yes I can. That’s just the route planning through the phone right?

Also my car has MCU 2 and HW3 (autopilot 3.0). I don’t think this requires more than that as like I said, google maps already have speed cameras included in their data base and they can show this.

Correct, image shows routes through the phone.

So, not sure why you can't get some of the holiday features in the car, such as alternate routes planning.

Perhaps need another update?