Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mechanicsburg, PA service center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SabrToothSqrl

Dec 5, 2014
PA
Went to pickup my car after a multi day repair. Took my buddy who's been eyeing tesla for a while. Finally got him there after we grabbed some lunch.
Couldn't find anyone. Not a single person around 12:30. Finally i walk over to the employees only room, and see 5 staff just sitting around, they see me but couldn't care less. Finally I yell Hello, and reluctantly I think one stood up.

What, exactly, are we paying these people for? They made zero attempt to talk cars with me or my friend, who was actively looking at the cars in the showroom. Literally opening/closing doors, etc.

I must apologize, I was clearly bothering them by existing. I wanted to hand my loaner fob to a human. I know that's rare, but call me old fashioned. Thought it was a good time to show my buddy the cars.

My loaner car was disgusting inside and out.
It had damage inside and out. The key fob battery was low. No one there gives a $hit. Clearly.

Here I am now 3 full days later, and I can still see the loaner car, in my app. I can't remove it, as I've tried.

So, if you'd like to know where the car is, what it's charge is, what music the driver is listening to, and how fast it's now charging at what I assume is their home, just hit me up. I won't post any of it because they did nothing wrong.

I've said it before, and this just confirms. Tesla Service is $hit. Fire them all.

Last edited:
Sounds frustrating for sure. Maybe their management is changing. I had similar poor experience at two MD SC locations.

I have been taking mine to the Sterling, VA location. The manager and senior tech are good folks. I have had to take mine in 6 times and it still isn't fixed though. They had it for 11 days last time and tomorrow will be one week this time. I don't blame the SC staff though...it's Tesla's policies that have me frustrated.

Honestly Tesla needs to improve their initial quality. They are dumping a huge amount of problems on service that should have never made it out of the assembly line. It doesn't surprise me that there is a lot of apathy in the service department. They probably deal with a constant stream of angry customers all day long