Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Media Player USB and Search 2020.44 on

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought it might be worth a shot to resurrect this thread from 18 months ago.
many software updates have occurred but there remains some disparity in media settings for selecting sources.
2020.44.x added the ability to select and search up to 7 sources. It never happened on mine I only have 6 as per the screenshot below. (It was only 5 before Tidal was added)
this thread identified that whether a USB flashdrive or SSD was used and whether the drive was via hub or not, made no difference.
for some cars it worked and others it didn’t.
I would add that my dashcam/sentry works fine, my music is all visible and plays fine and I can select my USB via media. I can’t search it though.

for those of you who have a music USB and are willing to check it out, please can you confirm:
is the USB a flashdrive or SSD
is it via a hub or direct
does it appear in your media sources (under settings)
does your your sources page have an option to add or remove a source
can you turn off more than 3 sources before the the grey out
finally, how many sources do you have
I’d really like to nail this.
4D693E48-F216-4C68-9C46-6367BD68EDD3.jpeg
81AB6574-D5BC-4EC1-8E71-5A7BAE67B67B.jpeg
Thanks for your help

I only use the sources shown here (USB not shown but it is used as my default - SSD connected via a hub, 2020 car). The car will default to Spotify if it is already connected to Wi-Fi

All it needs is a press on the RH scroll wheel & say “USB” - always opens to the last track played & continues automatically. That’s fine by me.

I gave up trying to search USB via voice control a long time ago

I’m on 2022.20.7 but voice activation has worked like this since one of the software updates earlier in the year.
BED4EEE6-8D28-4B12-AAA8-C9ECBE07B75B.jpeg

Reactions: tsh2
I only use the sources shown here (USB not shown but it is used as my default - SSD connected via a hub, 2020 car). The car will default to Spotify if it is already connected to Wi-Fi

All it needs is a press on the RH scroll wheel & say “USB” - always opens to the last track played & continues automatically. That’s fine by me.

I gave up trying to search USB via voice control a long time ago

I’m on 2022.20.7 but voice activation has worked like this since one of the software updates earlier in the year. View attachment 834140
We’ll, that’s a first. I tried USB voice command and it did indeed play the track I was part way through. Thanks for that