Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Medium Range VIN Tracker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just read the Electrek article that Medium Range is being built. I know many of you are concerned about pre-Dec 31 delivery.

If you have ordered the Medium Range and received a VIN, please report your VIN here. Provide the following info.

- VIN number with last 2-3 digits masked
- Order/Config Date
- Trim Level (e.g. MR, MSM, 18" Aero, Black Int, EAP)
- VIN received date.

Reactions: T2v
Got a call from Tesla this morning. MR in transit from Freemont. VIN is 1515XX. Delivery first week of November. I ordered and configured the first day it was available (about 30 minutes, as near as I can tell from when it was first available). Day 1, pre-reveal reservation holder - in Colorado:
  • Mid Range Rear-Wheel Drive
  • Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
  • 18’’ Aero Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Enhanced Autopilot

Seriously shocked. I was expecting to be sweating bullets in December on if the car would make it before the tax rebate halved.

Got a call from Tesla this morning. MR in transit from Freemont. VIN is 1515XX. Delivery first week of November. I ordered and configured the first day it was available (about 30 minutes, as near as I can tell from when it was first available). Day 1, pre-reveal reservation holder - in Colorado:
  • 18’’ Aero Wheels
  • Enhanced Autopilot

Seriously shocked. I was expecting to be sweating bullets in December on if the car would make it before the tax rebate halved.
Congrats! And thanks for the info. I ordered around the same time as you and live in TX, so maybe I'll be close to your date....

Congrats! I'm happy for you, but also surprised that a Colorado customer is receiving before California. According to the tracking sheet, there are 22 people in Cali that ordered the Model 3 mid-range. Of the 22, 15 have reservations and none have had VINs or delivery dates given yet.

*wanders off into the wilds of YouTube to watch M3 PPF videos*

Reactions: johnny chimpo
Congrats! I'm happy for you, but also surprised that a Colorado customer is receiving before California. According to the tracking sheet, there are 22 people in Cali that ordered the Model 3 mid-range. Of the 22, 15 have reservations and none have had VINs or delivery dates given yet.

It might be karma. Despite being a pre-reveal reservation holder, I didn’t get my invitation to configure until they opened it up to everyone. I had two reservations.

• 18’’ Aero Wheels
  • Enhanced Autopilot

Congratulations! Hope first of many coming soon. Trade in and are you requesting Tesla financing ? J

I originally ordered the RWD Long Range on Oct 14, but when the news broke on Thurs 10/18 I contacted my Advisor in Fremont and requested mid-range with the white interior. My change request was confirmed. I am a current Model S owner who reserved A Model 3 on day 1 back on 3/31/16. I live in Florida and so far have not been assigned a VIN, but will report back for tracking. I am confident of delivery before 12/31.

Reactions: 2012MS85

Tracking sheet? Please post the link here!

TY

It's also a sticky at the top of the Order, Production, and Delivery thread.

Screen Shot 2018-10-27 at 6.48.50 PM.png

It's a great resource for getting a sense of how things are trending.
Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

• 18’’ Aero Wheels
  • Enhanced Autopilot

Congrats!, I hope I will get the news soon too, I ordered mined on 10/21. Similar configuration as your minus the Enhanced Autopilot.

I originally ordered the RWD Long Range on Oct 14, but when the news broke on Thurs 10/18 I contacted my Advisor in Fremont and requested mid-range with the white interior. My change request was confirmed. I am a current Model S owner who reserved A Model 3 on day 1 back on 3/31/16. I live in Florida and so far have not been assigned a VIN, but will report back for tracking. I am confident of delivery before 12/31.

I also requested a change but it still isn't showing in my account after more than a week. They claim this is an IT error they are working on but in the meantime I fear I may be heading to the end of the line.

I spent a couple of hours at the local Tesla sales center here in SoCal. Test drove the P3D, the thing is amazing! I think it drives better than S 100D. I asked the associates about Medium Range delivery times, they were clueless. However, I saw about 20 Model 3's in the lot waiting for owners, VIN's in the 90K's to 140K's. They were all October build dates which is very encouraging... I am guessing it's taking about 2 weeks from factory to delivery here in SoCal. I am still predicting mass build of Medium Range in about 2 weeks and 4-6 weeks for first big batch of deliveries countrywide.

I also requested a change but it still isn't showing in my account after more than a week. They claim this is an IT error they are working on but in the meantime I fear I may be heading to the end of the line.
You may want to follow up with your Advisor. I sent the request on Thursday night 10/18 and the following morning, Friday I had email confirmation of the change to mid-range battery, but there was a technical problem updating the white interior request. That confirmation did not come until Monday 10/22. Definitely call Fremont if you have not heard anything.