Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Messed up headlight and turn signal mystery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If there's any electrical engineers/Tesla techs out there, I need your help with something. Here's the story:

A few weeks ago, I hit a deer. The damage was relatively minor, resulting in a crack in the driver's side headlight fixture among other things. I took it to a certified Tesla body shop and I'm waiting on parts, so nothing has been fixed yet. A bummer, but not a huge deal since everything was still functional.

Then today, I decided to get a car wash. Yeah there's a crack in the headlight fixture, but it's been in several rain storms since that crack appeared and it seems to be fine. I got it done at my usual automated touchless wash.

Then later today, I decided I wanted some of my car lights to be blue so I replaced the foot well lights and all four puddle lights with Abstract Ocean blue lights. The installation was easy and uneventful, and all replacement lights seemed functional. Then I went on my merry way but as the sun went down, I discovered that my driver's side headlight (regular beam) and turn signal were no longer working. The driver's side running light and high beam are still functional. I immediately suspected the blue AO lights so I put the originals back in, but the problem was not solved.

So my question is this: which of the stupid things that I did is more likely to have messed up my car? Getting a car wash with a crack in the light or installing those AO lights?