Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Met de Tesla op vakantie in Europa

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Zijn die groen-oranje-rode lijnen in de Tesla 100% dezelfde als in Google maps? Waze is altijd zeer accuraat en ik veronderstel dat de Waze gegevens ook in Google Maps worden geintegreerd -Google is ondertussen toch al 2 jaar eigenaar. Vandaar dat ze zo correct zijn(?).

De navigatie algoritmes van Waze zijn duidelijk nog niet geintegreerd in Google Maps, laat staan Tesla. Waze stuurt me netjes rond een opgebroken straat bij ons in de buurt, de Tesla en Google Maps doen dit niet. Daar is nog werk aan.
Ik mis bv een voorgestelde SUC uit de route te kunnen verwijderen of een "via" punt kunnen ingeven, bv om een simulatie van een heen-terug rit naar een bestemming 200km verder te kunnen maken (moet ik op de heenweg al langs de SUC of haal ik het op de terugweg).

Looks like they're building an SuC at the UK end of the channel tunnel.
aaf509ea5479284ab73e31acfd6e7929.jpg

So where is this exactly? It's not on Superchargers

Looks like they're building an SuC at the UK end of the channel tunnel.
aaf509ea5479284ab73e31acfd6e7929.jpg

Have to say I am not convinced. That doesn't look like any groundworks I've ever seen before for an SC install. Most obvious issue is that there are no cable ducts. Also wrong location to be charging stands (too far from the parking spaces for the charging cable to reach). And a weird location to be the charger cabinets (if there are three why aren't they right next to each other, and where are the charging stands?).

Maybe a silly question but you did activate traffic info? Traffic light sign in the right bottom of the nav screen.

Yup. Is always on. But the traffic info display on the map was an innocent little red blob and there was no rerouting suggested. But then i don't trust the rerouting of the S's nav, which is why I run TomTom in parallel. That and the speed control warnings from TomTom

So where is this exactly? It's not on Superchargers

It's right outside the main departure terminal at Folkstone, in an area that is signposted "Charging Station". The photo doesn't show the cable ducts, which were off to one side. Work is is a very early stage. The Calais version has four SuC stalls and 2x Chademo/CCS stalls. It wouldn't surprise me if that was also the format in Folkstone.

Note that supercharger.info is not the holy grail of info when it comes to SuC's. I mailed them photos of the extension work in Orange months ago and it took ages for them to post an update. They don't have the SuC stalls at Euro Tunnel in Calais - I posted them photos of those at the weekend.

But hey, we'll see. I could be wrong.

Jawel, ik bedoel het gat dat er was tussen Hengersberg en Wenen. In oktober heb ik zelfs het traject Regensburg - Wenen, rond 390 km, op één lading gedaan, dat werd in de voorjaarsvakantie al beter met Hengersberg waardoor het traject "nog" maar rond 330 km was. Die 330 km wordt nu geknipt in stukken van resp. 139 en 191 km. Nu rest nog het traject van Wenen naar schoonouders van 330 km maar dat is al vier keer gelukt. Voor 2015 staat er op de Tesla site een SuC bij Budapest maar niemand weet wanneer.

Trouwens vandaag weer eentje in aanbouw ontdekt in Duitsland, Motorpark Lohne an der A1, waarmee er op dit moment zes tegelijk in bouw zijn in Duitsland.

- - - Updated - - -

Nu we toch bezig zijn :) Hipoltstein aan de route Nürnberg - München is ook online gekomen.

It's right outside the main departure terminal at Folkstone, in an area that is signposted "Charging Station". The photo doesn't show the cable ducts, which were off to one side. Work is is a very early stage. The Calais version has four SuC stalls and 2x Chademo/CCS stalls. It wouldn't surprise me if that was also the format in Folkstone.

Note that supercharger.info is not the holy grail of info when it comes to SuC's. I mailed them photos of the extension work in Orange months ago and it took ages for them to post an update. They don't have the SuC stalls at Euro Tunnel in Calais - I posted them photos of those at the weekend.

But hey, we'll see. I could be wrong.

Interesting. Will be good to see how it pans out. Did you take this photo and do you have others?

supercharge.info has been updated to show a site under construction on the Calais side (and nothing yet confirmed on the Folkestone side).