Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Metro Detroit body shop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had Autometric work on my ICE cars with fantastic results.

They have two locations in Pontiac - for German/European cars and Domestic/Asian cars. Where does Tesla fit in, Joel?

Good question. I believe both "locations" are in the same building. Just a guess, but they may designate foreign/domestic for certification purposes. I know they are certified for Porsche, BMW, Audi, etc., etc., etc. So that may be a reason to designate European, domestic, etc.

Tommodels - please ask when you call on Monday and report back.

The buildings are a block apart. They did some Tesla work over the past few years but balked at the expense of getting "authorized" by Tesla. I think it involved some additional expense of training and equipment. This was related to me by a Tesla employee. I have had good service from them with my BMW and my Lexus.

update...

The Autometric location in Pontiac that Joel mentioned is the one for German/European cars, and they have the experience with aluminum bodies so they also work on Tesla. But what they can do is limited to cosmetic stuff because they have not been through TM training so Tesla won't sell them parts.

OTOH, my insurance guy told me that Cauley Ferarri in West Bloomfield is certified by Tesla and he has sent at least 5 Model Ss to them with good results. I asked the service manager at Cauley why the Tesla SC did not know about them being certified and he told me there are levels of certification and he is not yet able to work on serious structural damage - BUT he is presently going through that training as well. For now, he can order parts from TM and can start my S85 next week.

That is all good news for me because West Bloomfield is a lot closer to me and I have a prior business relationship with them (really nice people who are focused on customer service).

Ill let know how the finished job looks.