Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Metro paper review of the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ironically in the paper I’m reading on the train.. as I head towards picking my car up.

Attachments

• 53D403A0-F39E-4E61-A7B6-F0927A01F22A.jpeg
    53D403A0-F39E-4E61-A7B6-F0927A01F22A.jpeg
    435.8 KB · Views: 68
Nice - wonder if Metro actually drove a car, clearly stock pictures of an LHD model. Got my call from Tesla yesterday just confirming all is good for my pick up and that I had paid in full. Have fun today @GrumpyManUK would have loved to pick up this week to enjoy a drive in the sun - normal weather resumes next week!

Thanks! I have a huge grin after driving back from the dealership.

-

First impressions good then? Collecting mine on Tuesday and reading recent posts can take the edge of the excitement! Have to remind myself that the forum can be an opportunity to vent, as well as share expertise :)

Very positive! Staff were great and accommodated an earlier slot for me as I turned up 3 hours before my collection time. After a concise presentation on the features of the car (Locking, Charging, etc) involving a few slides and (official YouTube?) videos the small group of us were ushered over to the main area where the cars are parked.

My app did not work as the leasing company (I think) had not transferred my details/email address over to Tesla I believe. I had to use the key card until the app started to work earlier in the afternoon.

I checked the body and paint work of my Black Performance- very carefully. I think the other members of the group had long gone and I was still there chatting about features and asking questions. I did not feel rushed although I was aware that they were prepping the next group of new Tesla Owners. Regardless, I wasn't going to budge until I was happy with the situation!

I found a small grouping of scratches on one of the rear corners, a tiny dent on the side of the door and a tiny dent underneath the frunk lid. So, check carefully folks! I'm told all of these issues were noted and will be resolved at my nearest server centre.

- Cables were in the boot. Great.

- I asked about the brake fluid situation given previous reported problems and was informed that it is more thoroughly checked now. Will soon find out, I guess.

- I enabled PIN security on the car right away.

- Wing mirrors will fold in via an option on the screen but only below a set speed. This seems to be <40 or 50 mph. Vital for those country roads where I do not trust oncoming drivers!

- I plugged in my pre-prepped USB device for sentry mode.

As the Service centre was next door to where the car collection point was, I parked there and purchased an all-weather rubber boot mat which was £110 inc VAT, I think. The car is on business lease but I figured with the gear going in and out of there it is best protecting the surface.

After the mat was fitted, I made the 50 mile journey home and it was beautiful. Smooth, quiet, and the acceleration. WOW. It is scary fast! I had to double-take to see how quickly I hit the speed limit.

I've had no experience with automatics nor other electric cars but I kept the creep mode enabled, regen normal and steering on normal. This combination felt good for me and works well thus far and was EASY to get used too. I also tried out the cruise control with automatic distance and it made the drive such a breeze and a hassle-free experience. It was wonderful. The interior feels luxurious to me and the audio quality is fantastic.

I have no complaints about the wind sounds at motorway speeds. It does not seem loud or bothering to me.

Is there a 3D view on the Navigator? This may take some getting used to me in a top-down google maps type view.

Anyway, you will love it. Enjoy!

Last edited: