Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Metromile dropping all Tesla coverage outside CA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Super disappointed - been using Metromile for insurance for 5+ years. One claim 4.5 years ago (not my fault), and just got a letter that my car (2018 Model X) is no longer an eligible make and model.

Called them and they said they will no longer cover any Tesla vehicle outside Chicago California. Just FYI.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoops - sorry about that - BOTH should say "outside CA". Was set to renew in about a month, and received a letter yesterday about it.

Called them this AM to find out "Why", and they simply said "we just aren't covering any Tesla vehicles outside CA at this time".

One other crazy bit of info - I spent a couple of hours today looking for a new auto insurer. I got the craziest range of prices. Geico quoted me $400 per MONTH (I'm currently paying about $55 per month). Another provider wouldn't even quote because I "didn't pass their driver qualifications" (I haven't had a ticket or at fault accident in 15-20 years). Another major provider quoted me $360 per month.

Then I tried Allstate - $77 per month, better coverage, bigger more responsive company.

Just shocked at the range of quotes and responses.

Reactions: SUP THO