Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
B43BC3AC-429C-4CE9-B3C3-FAFC69897B08.png

Doesn't seem like there is a good way to visit all the Mexico Superchargers, at least my Tesla won't get me from each of them to the next:

Perhaps the Northern Mexico units need to be visited from the USofA

Doesn't seem like there is a good way to visit all the Mexico Superchargers, at least my Tesla won't get me from each of them to the next:

Perhaps the Northern Mexico units need to be visited from the USofA
Or a very precisely located overnight stop with AC charging!

Reactions: 1100MCM
Looks like three AC charging stops to get up the western coast. The one time when an EV is vulnerable is when you are outta charge and stranded at an AC charger for 8-12 hours. Do they still have banditos or have I watched too many movies.

My friend Marco takes his TMY down to visit his family all the time and makes it sound super chill

A friend goes all the way from Houston to Mexico City in his Model 3. The issue is the West Coast, there is no fast charging between San Diego and Santa Ana, Sonora and then another big gap between Santa Ana and Chihuahua and between Santa Ana and Mazatlan. It is getting better, a new Supercharger in Torreon should be coming live soon. I only go to Ensenada some weekends, that drive is beautiful, that coast is majestic.

Reactions: israndy
Hitting most of them would require several drives but not impossible. One leg is day trip from San Diego to Ensenada. Other leg is driving from Tucson to Santa Ana and then visiting Puerto Peñasco if you really need a reason to take the drive. Another leg of the trip (where you would hit most of the superchargers) would be starting in El Paso through Chihuahua and then through Durango, Mazatlán, Compostela and on to Guadalajara, Mexico City and down to Acapulco. This leg would require the Torreón or Cuencamé supercharger to be built (Q1 2023 projected) and probably an overnight stop in Camargo, Chihuahua where there is a pay-per-use destination charger and is necessary to split a long gap.

I’m sure the internet has plenty of travel horror stories but to lessen your risk stick to the toll roads and travel outside of cities only during the day time.

Also, to hit that last frontier (Cancún) it will be a big challenge since you’ll need lots of Level 2 charging stops as it’s a big gap in supercharging.

Reactions: rayluis1988
Hitting most of them would require several drives but not impossible. One leg is day trip from San Diego to Ensenada. Other leg is driving from Tucson to Santa Ana and then visiting Puerto Peñasco if you really need a reason to take the drive. Another leg of the trip (where you would hit most of the superchargers) would be starting in El Paso through Chihuahua and then through Durango, Mazatlán, Compostela and on to Guadalajara, Mexico City and down to Acapulco. This leg would require the Torreón or Cuencamé supercharger to be built (Q1 2023 projected) and probably an overnight stop in Camargo, Chihuahua where there is a pay-per-use destination charger and is necessary to split a long gap.

I’m sure the internet has plenty of travel horror stories but to lessen your risk stick to the toll roads and travel outside of cities only during the day time.

Also, to hit that last frontier (Cancún) it will be a big challenge since you’ll need lots of Level 2 charging stops as it’s a big gap in supercharging.
Yes, I would totally avoid night travel. Valladolid and Merida Superchargers should be comin live this year, but still, there will be a huge gap between Merida and Puebla. Eventually, i would say towards the end of next year, we could be able to do all the way CA to Cancun.

Reactions: 1100MCM
Yes, I would totally avoid night travel. Valladolid and Merida Superchargers should be comin live this year, but still, there will be a huge gap between Merida and Puebla. Eventually, i would say towards the end of next year, we could be able to do all the way CA to Cancun.
The pacific route is the one that interests us. Huge gaps yet. Has anyone seen a uniquely Mexican planned supercharger map?