Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mice in Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this is a weird question but we live on a farm with lots of field mice. We have a Camry and a Tundra both of which mice have found their way to the interior of the car. I have checked everything and I can’t figure out how they are getting in. Before we purchase a Tesla S or 3 we want to make sure we are not going to have the same problem.

Any having mice problems?

uninstall the graphics card and mice will be rendered useless.

oh, wait-

seriously, the insulation on wires seems to be attracting creatures, on some later model cars. have not heard about this on tesla, but for some cars, its a 'thing' that they find the wiring actually tasty. that didn't use to be a thing, but a few years ago, yes, its a thing with some brands.

• Funny
Reactions: Eclectic
Search here for mice, mouse, rodent.

yes, people have had problems with rodents in their Tesla causing damage.

I had wiring in my Acura consumed by rodents. Tesla has been ok so far for me personally.

one of the main threads I remember in the model 3 section is this one:

For the OP, yes this seems to be an issue with some modern vehicles. Since you have already experienced it with other vehicles, its likely that you would with this one as well. I know this is the model S subforum but I suspect the material around the wiring harnesses is the same, so felt it was relevant.

• Informative
Reactions: FlyF4
Here is a one for “rodent damage” search:

I can't speak to this specific ultrasonic repeller, but I've seen mice walk right by the plug where a repeller was hooked up. So, doubtful they work.

I would put out lots of mice bait to control the population, or as someone else suggested, get a barn/garage cat.
Snakes are far less maintenance than cats. A corn snake will eat rodents and should be perfectly legal to own (non-venomous.)

Just what you need, a snake loose in the car...

You'll need to become an expert rodent killer. Mice are very curious and will fall for most any trap. (Rats are much more difficult). What trap you use will depend on how squeamish you are. Electric traps work but only kill one at a time, unless you spend a bit more money. My advice is to use reusable traps that kill them quickly. Buy a dozen and put them all out at the same time, and keep doing it until you get no hits. Screw them to a board so the energy goes into the kill and not the recoil. Plus, the traps won't get flailed around or dragged away. Do not use glue traps and NEVER use poison (they can die in your house or your car, and then you've got a different problem).

Reactions: croman