Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 on Uberturbines- 265/35 & 275/35R21

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This probably isn’t quite the thread to ask, but it sort of is..

For those that have wheel rub from running a wider tire, have you considered spacers? I’m considering it in the event I have some wheel rub.

And they’d be the minimum or smallest I can find. Nothing crazy.

Thoughts?
You can get slim spacers on Amazon for example as thin as 3mm. I linked some earlier but you can search for them on Amazon easily and they are cheap.

You can get slim spacers on Amazon for example as thin as 3mm. I linked some earlier but you can search for them on Amazon easily and they are cheap.

Thanks for tip! I’ll look into them.

Don't leave us hanging, lol...
Haha, just baiting..

So I had a clunk whenever the suspension was loaded off axis. Not all the time, but in weird, moving slowly circumstances.

Long story short, it took SC eight hours to find sound. Top metal plate on HV battery was buldging and then Making that metal sound when it bends/pops back.

They spent time testing it, pressurizing it, all to the conclusion it will be replaced.

Had the Michelin A/S 4s mounted last night, 265/285/40/21, these are the tires that should have came on the car. The stock difficulties are frustrating... No rubbing for me, we tried to mimick what others have said cause rubbing and was not able to replicate. This was with around 180lbs in driver seat, 220 in the passenger seat, and 140lbs on both sides in the rear.

The cars suspension is still firm, however the tires take away a bit of the harshness on poor roads.

For those with the Walmart issue, I ran into the same thing where they initially could not scan the tires in for return due to item not found. They were able to process it eventually after a manager came out and entered the return differently.

I ended up getting the fronts from discount tire direct, found a pair of rears on ebay, new. Good luck all. Find a solution to not run summer tires in the winter. It's dangerous, don't risk it.

Had the Michelin A/S 4s mounted last night, 265/285/40/21, these are the tires that should have came on the car. The stock difficulties are frustrating... No rubbing for me, we tried to mimick what others have said cause rubbing and was not able to replicate. This was with around 180lbs in driver seat, 220 in the passenger seat, and 140lbs on both sides in the rear.

The cars suspension is still firm, however the tires take away a bit of the harshness on poor roads.

For those with the Walmart issue, I ran into the same thing where they initially could not scan the tires in for return due to item not found. They were able to process it eventually after a manager came out and entered the return differently.

I ended up getting the fronts from discount tire direct, found a pair of rears on ebay, new. Good luck all. Find a solution to not run summer tires in the winter. It's dangerous, don't risk it.

these are on the 21 uberturbines?

Guys and gals,

275 35 21 front and 295 35 21 rear are the way to go. No reason to do 265 40 front.

Attachments

• 1D0227BA-AD46-4493-80A4-ECA28A7E7AD4.jpeg
    1D0227BA-AD46-4493-80A4-ECA28A7E7AD4.jpeg
    663.7 KB · Views: 2,271
  • A26352AB-9401-4C89-BEC9-44E5B2ACD245.jpeg
    A26352AB-9401-4C89-BEC9-44E5B2ACD245.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 314
  • B6820139-15AD-4839-A836-8AA5E2A95F38.jpeg
    B6820139-15AD-4839-A836-8AA5E2A95F38.jpeg
    689.8 KB · Views: 313
how do they feel?

also how are people with the same vehicle reporting rubbing while people are running even bigger tires and its perfectly fine?
They feel perfect, a little softer compared to the summer performance tires but zero robbing and no increase in noise. Plus I have the added satisfaction of knowing that the rim is slightly better protected.

Reactions: Canyonero
Sorry I should have been more specific, I did do 2021 MYP, the issue is that technically 295/35R21's on the front and 295/35R21's on the back are not OEM sizes and so Discount Tire, trying to be helpful will not allow me to order these sizes for my car, and I do not see a way to order tires without associating them to a car.
Same thing happened to me and @Canyonero, had to call Discount Tire and order them over the phone, they’ll let you do it that way.