Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 on Uberturbines- 265/35 & 275/35R21

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
those look great! increased width potentially reduces range.. do you happen to notice any?
Minimal, if any. At first blush there appears to be a *slight* increase in wh/mi usage but once the actual distance traveled is calculated owing to the larger diameter tires, it appears to be a wash. In all transparency, however, I haven’t looked closely at this as it isn’t a concern for me specifically (this car is mainly used in/around town). If memory serves, other(s) in this thread (or the many like it) conducted a more scientific/data-driven analysis and arrived at the same conclusion. In the end, it seems like whatever penalty is attributed to the wider tires is balanced out by some combination of the all-season rubber, tread design and/or Michelin mojo….

Same. Dammit. Walmart.com has the size and Michelin model number listed correctly but they shipped me two 265/35ZR18s. Wrong in three ways (265 v 285, 35 v 40, 18 v 21), huge whiff.
View attachment 734884
Well the good news is my tires came a week early! The bad news is that they’re exactly as wrong as yours!

What a joke. What’s y’all’s plan? I’m going to return these to Walmart but demand that they honor the price and send me the right tires, even if it means waiting. Here in LA it probably isn’t that urgent, since it was 85° yesterday.

CD3C16E2-92C8-4420-8871-A90EF1535316.jpeg

Well the good news is my tires came a week early! The bad news is that they’re exactly as wrong as yours!

What a joke. What’s y’all’s plan? I’m going to return these to Walmart but demand that they honor the price and send me the right tires, even if it means waiting. Here in LA it probably isn’t that urgent, since it was 85° yesterday.

View attachment 736462
I don't have good news. I've now made 3 trips to Walmart (2 separate locations, both in the Auto Center and at Customer Service) and they have not been able to successfully process a return for the wrong tires. I've also tried initiating the return online and through 1.800.WALMART all to no avail. When they try to scan the item and associate with my order, it's telling them "item not found". I suspect this is because they are sending us the completely wrong tire. Current status: I'm waiting for the customer service ninja team to whom it was escalated via phone support to call me back. The store manager told me on my last trip the likely outcome is they'll have to manually push a credit to my card and I'll keep the tires. WTF Walmart?

I had the same goal, to try to get them to initiate another order for the correct size and honor the sale price. The Team Lead told me if I ask the Auto Center to do the search they will likely see different results than the availability we see on the website. Sadly the lady that helped me today did not know how to search by Mich model number and claims they don't even sell Pilot Sport AS 4. So, yeah.

Last edited:
I don't have good news. I've now made 3 trips to Walmart (2 separate locations, both in the Auto Center and at Customer Service) and they have not been able to successfully process a return for the wrong tires. I've also tried initiating the return online and through 1.800.WALMART all to no avail. When they try to scan the item and associate with my order, it's telling them "item not found". I suspect this is because they are sending us the completely wrong tire. Current status: I'm waiting for the customer service ninja team to whom it was escalated via phone support to call me back. The store manager told me on my last trip the likely outcome is they'll have to manually push a credit to my card and I'll keep the tires. WTF Walmart?

I had the same goal, to try to get them to initiate another order for the correct size and honor the sale price. The Team Lead told me if I ask the Auto Center to do the search they will likely see different results than the availability we see on the website. Sadly the lady that helped me today did not know how to search by Mich model number and claims they don't even sell Pilot Sport AS 4. So, yeah.
Yikes! Thanks for the update. What a farce. Going to wait to hear how it ends for you before I make any more moves.

I just got off the phone with them, they did give me credits of $15 and $25, but are unable to give me a shipping label due to federal regulations of shipping tires, blah blah blah. So I have to take them to a store, which will be at least an hour of my life I’ll never get back. The irony is that they will then keep the “wrong” tires to sell to someone else, but the “right” tires which were sold by a third party vendor will probably have to be disposed of because of the federal regulations about shipping tires. So stupid.

Shame on me for doing business with Walmart, I guess. Should’ve known better.

Yikes! Thanks for the update. What a farce. Going to wait to hear how it ends for you before I make any more moves.

I just got off the phone with them, they did give me credits of $15 and $25, but are unable to give me a shipping label due to federal regulations of shipping tires, blah blah blah. So I have to take them to a store, which will be at least an hour of my life I’ll never get back. The irony is that they will then keep the “wrong” tires to sell to someone else, but the “right” tires which were sold by a third party vendor will probably have to be disposed of because of the federal regulations about shipping tires. So stupid.

Shame on me for doing business with Walmart, I guess. Should’ve known better.
It's a mess. Guess I'm the guinea pig, I'll update once I hear from them.

Tire rack did a test on the DWS-06 Plus... They literally beat the Pilot Sport AS4 in almost every category... Better dry grip, better wet grip, lower lap times, and quieter ride. I've been running the DWS since the very first generation came out.. Same with the Pilot Sport A/S... The older gen, the Pilot Sport A/S had slightly better dry grip, but apparently according to Tire Rack, that is not the case anymore... But DWS have always had waaaay better snow grip...

Tire rack Test results
Well now I’m looking at the Continentals. Seems 285 isn’t a thing, only 295 in both 35 and 40. I know some people have been running AS4s in 295/35, but is there any reason not to go with the 295/40? I assume rubbing wouldn’t be an issue since it’s for the rears.

Well now I’m looking at the Continentals. Seems 285 isn’t a thing, only 295 in both 35 and 40. I know some people have been running AS4s in 295/35, but is there any reason not to go with the 295/40? I assume rubbing wouldn’t be an issue since it’s for the rears.
My plan b is to go with the Conti DWS 06 Plus in 265/40/21 and 295/35/21. The 35 ratio in back just because I know others have fitted that successfully, I have not yet seen a confirmed install of 295/40/21s in the rear although the consensus seems to be that it "should" fit.

I run 295/35s on the rear with no issues. Many have questioned whether 295/40s would fit to which I would reply: maybe. There’s some added room for sure beyond the 35s, but this is by no means a guarantee. If you do decide to mount 40s, please post your results. Good luck!

Reactions: Canyonero
Just ordered your size set up.

Only difference is that I had to go with Pirelli Scorpion Zero AS+ tires. I’m active duty and the tire shop on base has a sale, buy 3 get one free. Couldn’t get the Michelins.

Scorpion Zero AS+
265/40/21
295/35/21
Went with this same same exact set up (Scorpion Zero AS Plus) from discount tires, They had an extra $90 dollars off and some rebates for black Friday. Couldn't wait much longer. Its starting to get cold in northern NJ. They did warn of a slim chance of rubbing in the front. I get them in a week or so lets see how they work out.

Did you guys just transfer the sensors from the original set to these all seasons?

Went with this same same exact set up (Scorpion Zero AS Plus) from discount tires, They had an extra $90 dollars off and some rebates for black Friday. Couldn't wait much longer. Its starting to get cold in northern NJ. They did warn of a slim chance of rubbing in the front. I get them in a week or so lets see how they work out.

Did you guys just transfer the sensors from the original set to these all seasons?
Are you mounting these on your existing rims, or do you have different rims that you have for these tires? If it's the same wheel, the sensors stay with the wheel, so you are good to go... If you got different wheels, I would purchase another set of sensors for the new wheels... It makes swapping wheels easier.

Reactions: SweetLou126
I'm running the 265/275 setup from Walmart (they sent me the right ones) and at first they were noticeably louder but after 100 miles or so, seems about the same as the pzeros. I wonder about the cross climate. I saw them at Costco while I was having my set swapped, googled them. Seems like less or a performance tire but a higher tread life and lower cost. Might be a good one if you're not doing autocross/skidpads in your Y.

I'm running the 265/275 setup from Walmart (they sent me the right ones) and at first they were noticeably louder but after 100 miles or so, seems about the same as the pzeros. I wonder about the cross climate. I saw them at Costco while I was having my set swapped, googled them. Seems like less or a performance tire but a higher tread life and lower cost. Might be a good one if you're not doing autocross/skidpads in your Y.
You can't compare the treadwear number between manufacturers tho, becuase the testing procedure is not standardized... With that being said, the CrossClimates are a Grand Touring Tire, which is a completely different class than the Pilot Sport A/S 4 (Ultra High Performance A/S).

For me personally, same as what I tell my friends family, I tell them I get performance tires not becuase I drive aggressively or autoX. It's because all that grip that helps you with stability/handling, will ALSO help you in emergency maneuvers and panic stops. Tires are your primary safety device of your car... That's why for me, the only two choices were either the Pilot Sport A/S 4 or the DWS-06 Plus.

You can't compare the treadwear number between manufacturers tho, becuase the testing procedure is not standardized... With that being said, the CrossClimates are a Grand Touring Tire, which is a completely different class than the Pilot Sport A/S 4 (Ultra High Performance A/S).

For me personally, same as what I tell my friends family, I tell them I get performance tires not becuase I drive aggressively or autoX. It's because all that grip that helps you with stability/handling, will ALSO help you in emergency maneuvers and panic stops. Tires are your primary safety device of your car... That's why for me, the only two choices were either the Pilot Sport A/S 4 or the DWS-06 Plus.
I think they are both Michelin. True enough about stopping power/safety, but most cars are not running max performance tires. It would be less of a decision if we got normal wear out of them, but if I'm roasting a $1700 set of tires every 18k miles it an alternative. Anyhow, they don't come in 21". Just checked.

I think they are both Michelin. True enough about stopping power/safety, but most cars are not running max performance tires. It would be less of a decision if we got normal wear out of them, but if I'm roasting a $1700 set of tires every 18k miles it an alternative. Anyhow, they don't come in 21". Just checked.
That's why I get them from Discount Tire, and just get the certificates. They NEVER hassle me with treadware warranty like Costco did. I haven't paid full price for a set of tires in ages. I always seem to get about 30k miles out of the Pilot Sport A/S and DWS in a squared setup, and 20k for the rears with the same tires in a staggered setup. Fronts were usually half at that time, but in all cases, Discount Tire has prorated the tires so I can replace all 4 at the same time.

Are you mounting these on your existing rims, or do you have different rims that you have for these tires? If it's the same wheel, the sensors stay with the wheel, so you are good to go... If you got different wheels, I would purchase another set of sensors for the new wheels... It makes swapping wheels easier.
Going to keep them on the same rims. Thanks for the advice.

I was going to go for a winter tire and wheels set but I don't drive as much as others and I think all seasons should be good for me all year round

Any ideas on best way to sell the stock summer tires for the MYP? Less than 150 miles on them.

Going to keep them on the same rims. Thanks for the advice.

I was going to go for a winter tire and wheels set but I don't drive as much as others and I think all seasons should be good for me all year round

Any ideas on best way to sell the stock summer tires for the MYP? Less than 150 miles on them.
I'm not sure if these Tesla boards are organized the same way, but the online enthusiast boards for my other cars, have subsections divided by region, so I would list them in there, so I don't have to worry about shipping. Some of the larger sizes tho are harder to get rid of, becuase of limited audience of what car it would fit on.. But I have gotten rid of a few sets where I said I would give them away for free if you pay for shipping... That was better than having it sit in my garage. Still trying to figure out what to do, since I have 8 wheels and 12 tires in my garage still, haha.

• Funny
Let’s com

Let’s compare once we get them on. It’ll be a couple weeks for me as well.

Currently getting my HV battery pack replaced. Yes, the battery pack on my 2 month old MYP.

This probably isn’t quite the thread to ask, but it sort of is..

For those that have wheel rub from running a wider tire, have you considered spacers? I’m considering it in the event I have some wheel rub.

And they’d be the minimum or smallest I can find. Nothing crazy.

Thoughts?