Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michelin Pilot Sport EV [tires]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After a several week wait, I'm supposed to be getting a set of 18x8.5" Enkei PF01'S (18.7 lbs) next week from TireRack to replace the AeroWheels. I had planned to put the Pilot PS4 TO's on them but then read about the Pilot Sport EV's and now want those instead. Unfortunately, we probably won't see any 18" EV's until Q1 of next year.

My 2021 M3 AWD with the Primacy MXM4's has less than 4000 miles on it, so new tires aren't critical right now. After shaking off my initial disappointment of not getting new rubber on the new wheels, I decided to wait for the Michelin's EV's to be released. This may actually be for the best, as the MXMA's can be used up a bit more and I can isolate the effect light weight wheels (-4.3 lb per corner) have on ride and handling without mixing in new different tires.

Waiting sucks but when the EV's finally arrive, I can check out their effect on ride, handling and ride.

BTW, for what it's worth from what I've read of Michelin's development of the Pilot Sport EV, it's going to be more appropriate for the Tesla in terms of range and lifespan, and maybe noise, than the Sport PS4. Just my 2-cents worth.

I called Michelin this week to see when 18's would be available in the U.S. One of the 20" size (or maybe 21") is scheduled for September. You might get lucky. No word on the 18" size yet so I'm guessing maybe Q1 for them. It would be nice if Michelin could be a bit more specific with future deliveries but I guess they're struggling with supply chain issues like everyone else.

• Informative
Reactions: Matsayz
Keep in mind the 275/30/20 PS4S T0 spec runs extremely wide. They are almost equivalent to 295 in width.

@Gimmethecash Same wheel spec as your current setup, but look how much the tire sticks out past the wheel (The front tire will rub on the ABS sensor, and has to relocate them. )

We ran into few other issues with this setup, but also learn a lot from it.
51008374222_9fdd14fcda_o.jpg

Reactions: todd2fst4u