Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michelin to make all season tires for the 21” Uberturbines wheel sizes.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like 245/35/R21 doesn't have the right load rating so it would need to be the 265/35/R21 assuming it doesn't rub.

I’d be worried the extra width to the front tires will cause even more rock chip impact to rear doors, maybe beyond the rocker panels that are already hit hard by the 255s. This and increasing the steering effort- already a little too heavy compared to my Model 3 with the Sport 19s, and especially so when tire pressures go much below recommended 42 psi.

I always wondered about this. How do new PUP owners drive their car home in the middle of January?

Michelin makes great tires. I'll be snagging a set of these, in 19, as soon my my OEMs run out.
With these, bring them to delivery day. SC will swap them over
CD8F4E0F-BC85-45B9-B1A4-D91306E9F6FA.png
0C8E0745-007C-461C-8784-5AFD22336F34.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Quorky
Discount Tire thought a 265/35/R21 might work. The Michelin Pilot® Sport All Season 4 is available in this size and the stock 275/35/R21 for the rear. I am trying to wait it out until November 1st. This is now when Michelin claims they will be releasing the 255/35/R21.

Reactions: Quorky
Discount Tire thought a 265/35/R21 might work. The Michelin Pilot® Sport All Season 4 is available in this size and the stock 275/35/R21 for the rear. I am trying to wait it out until November 1st. This is now when Michelin claims they will be releasing the 255/35/R21.

thank you very much... will look into it. def prefer a little more meat on the rim since I am in NYC

I'd stick to a 35 ratio on the 265. With a 40, you're at a 4.6% increase in overall tire diameter from stock. General rule of thumb is to stay within +/_3% of the stock tire size OD so that your speedometer/odometer isn't off by too much.

Tire Size Calculator
Thanks for your thoughts here. I definitely would like to have accurate speedo info, but am attracted to the idea of having more sidewall and (possibly) softer ride. However I do not know if that half inch of side wall is going to keep me from another tire blowout, or actually help with softening ride.

Thanks for your thoughts here. I definitely would like to have accurate speedo info, but am attracted to the idea of having more sidewall and (possibly) softer ride. However I do not know if that half inch of side wall is going to keep me from another tire blowout, or actually help with softening ride.

Just wonder, can Tesla support adjust for the bigger diameter somehow? The car adjusts when changing wheel configuration via the menu in the car, but your tire setup is different, can you have support set the correct diameter for you and push it to the car? The 40 ratio (if no rubbing) seems like a great compromise for a bit more comfortable ride, instead of opting for the Induction wheels (20").

Just wonder, can Tesla support adjust for the bigger diameter somehow? The car adjusts when changing wheel configuration via the menu in the car, but your tire setup is different, can you have support set the correct diameter for you and push it to the car? The 40 ratio (if no rubbing) seems like a great compromise for a bit more comfortable ride, instead of opting for the Induction wheels (20").
Would like to know too. Wonder if they can remote in and adjust percentage