Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michigan Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Michigan Tesla Owners Member List and Plug-Sharing Network

Hi Friends,

Last month has been great for our little club. We started a popular FB page, have a vibrant thread on TMC, were able to connect with many owners and participate in EV shows. As number of owners increase in the state, it is becoming little difficult to keep tally. Recently there has been addition of few owners (including me), and queries of fellow Tesla owners in the area is an ever increasing one. I am starting the post below to keep the latest count of Tesla owners in our club. I will need everybody's help to complete the table. If you know an owner, who is not a member of FB page or TMC or both, then also leave their details. This will help us in planning events in future.

We would also like to start a Plug-Sharing network. Please leave your EVSE details, if you are comfortable sharing it with other members. This information will be secure. You will need to be a member of our TMC page to access this information. Click the link below for TMC page.

Michigan Tesla Owners (TMC Page)

Last edited:
Michigan Electric Auto Association Events

Michigan TMC will participate in the following events organized by Michigan Electric Auto Asssociation. Come and see the Model S in action, also interact with fellow owners. Owners interested in participating, please email the MEAA at [email protected]. Thanks for your support to Michigan EAA.

MEAA Event - Saline Celtic Festival

Event - Saline Celtic Festival
When - Saturday; July 13, 2013 from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Where - Mill Pond Park, West Bennett Street, Saline, MI
Website - Saline Celtic Festival Home Page

Attendees:
Dan Scherer

MEAA Event - Saline Summerfest EV Show

Event - Saline Summerfest EV Event
When - Saturday; August 10, 2013 from 0900 am to 1200 noon
Where - Hall Street, Saline, MI
Website - Saline Summerfest

Michigan Electric Auto Association is planning another EV show after recent success of Michigan EV show. Please see the flyer below if you are interested in participating.

Attendees (Tentative):
(Please let me know if you plan to attend the event, I will put down your name in the roster. It will be a good opportunity to network)
ohaq
Fred Glomb
aphysician

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
@ danchup

Welcome to the club. Congratulations on your Model S! Mine should also arrive in same time, may be on the same truck. Thanks for joining our TMC page. I have no idea about the opti-coat. If free next weekend and August 10, then check out the events as above. We also have a FB page. All the links below in my signature. I will put your name in the member list on our club page.

@ greencharge

See the links below. Liz G made a trip to UP recently. Norway, MI may be an option.
Norway is a private property, I found some hotels with 30 amp outlets in Munising, paradise MI that might work. I am planning to camp of weather permits.
Thanks for your help, my return leg would be St. Ignace/ Mackinaw city, Harbor springs , Petosky, Charlevoix, Traverse city, Lansing, Detroit, Indianapolis, Southern IL
I do have a rough idea about what's available but there's really nothing that compares to a HPWC or a 70 amp. Even a 50 amp is rare if you are reluctant to get to a campground
Despite the dearth of charging network this trip has been wonderful. The ride especially in the country roads is superlative. The places are just beautiful.

@ greencharge

most of the owners are below Lansing. I will send you a PM about possible stops along the way, where owners may help you with a quick charge. Which date you are leaving Charlevoix? All the best.

Plea to Michigan Owners:
Please contact greencharge if you are willing to provide a quick charge to a fellow owner.

Wow, just noticed that there was a Michigan centric TMC thread... I am a Michigander (Grand Rapids) but I currently live in Maryland until 2016. When my contract is up, Ill be back. Looking forward to meeting more owners, I haven't purchased mine yet, but will be an owner before the end of the year. I am very glad that there are Superchargers going up along the route that I would be taking to Michigan when I come home for leave twice a year. That will be nice.

Haven't decided yet, on a witty license plate :)

New Model S owner here. Didn't realize there were a couple of Michigan owners here. I've only seen one other Model S in our areas that is white. We live/work in the West Bloomfield/Novi area.

Purchased a loaner from the Columbus service center. Drove there and took delivery last week.

85P, multicoat-red, black int, CF accents, tech, 21s, pano, stereo, rear-facing

Does anyone know of any good places for XPEL installation? I've talked a few places that can do it, but I wanted to get a few more pricing options and see if anyone had any recommendations. Same for window tinting.

Also, if any of you have your OEM 19s with tires laying around and want to sell them, I am in the market for a set of snow tires. I recently moved up here from TX. So when I purchased the 21s, I didn't think much of it. Looks as though the 21s truly are summer only. So I am looking to get a winter set.

Jonathan

New Model S owner here. Didn't realize there were a couple of Michigan owners here. I've only seen one other Model S in our areas that is white. We live/work in the West Bloomfield/Novi area.

Purchased a loaner from the Columbus service center. Drove there and took delivery last week.

85P, multicoat-red, black int, CF accents, tech, 21s, pano, stereo, rear-facing

Does anyone know of any good places for XPEL installation? I've talked a few places that can do it, but I wanted to get a few more pricing options and see if anyone had any recommendations. Same for window tinting.

Also, if any of you have your OEM 19s with tires laying around and want to sell them, I am in the market for a set of snow tires. I recently moved up here from TX. So when I purchased the 21s, I didn't think much of it. Looks as though the 21s truly are summer only. So I am looking to get a winter set.

Jonathan

Jonathan -

I highly recommend: Larry Millen Phone: (734) 259-0021
http://www.norockchips.com/

And if you need any collision work, I highly reccomend Autometric in Pontiac. My brother, father, and I (all Tesla owners) have used both Larry and Autometric (Autometric in Pontiac - ask for Brian). If you need any paint protection (Larry) or collision work (Autometric-Brian), they have worked on several Teslas and produce high quality work.

PM me if you need any further details.

Last edited:
@ johnymack2

Congratulations on your Model S! Thanks for joining the club on TMC and leaving your details. We are currently building database of owners in MI, there are 15 that we know on the TMC, however reported number was 3 times few months back. Please also check out our facebook page.

CONCOURS d'ELEGANCE OF AMERICA (URGENT)

Dear Michigan Tesla Owners,

Concours d'elegance of America has approached Tesla Motors for participation in this prestigous event. It would be a wonderful opportunity for the club to be a part of the event. The organizers have planned a special section this year “Electric Vehicles, Past Present and Future” – for the 2013 35th Annual Concours d’Elegance at St. Johns. There will be collection of some 20 cars in this category. The organizers are looking for a Model S owner to showcase the car in this class.

Date: Sunday; July 28, 2013, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Location: The Inn at St. John's, 44045 Five Mile Road, Plymouth, MI 48170
Concours DElegance of America at Saint Johns - YouTube

Thank you to Johnymack2 for representing Tesla and the club at this prestigious event.

image.jpg

Last edited: