Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michigan Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR -
  • Midnight Silver Metallic
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • All Black Interior
  • Seven Seat Interior
  • Full Self-Driving
  • Tow Hitch

OD: 12/09/2021
EDD1: May 30 - June 27

I just added FSD yesterday so hopefully I get bumped up for EDD not out farther.

I’m in Plainwell, MI ordered a MYP about March 11th. It is Blue/White, FSD with Tow Hitch. Currently my delivery date is may 20th - June 24th.

I have most of my accessories and my Gen 3 wall charger installed and ready to go!

Has anyone done a custom vanity plate in MI? How/when did you do that?
I’m still holding strong at May 20th to June 24th on my EDD. Hoping everything works out even with the mobile charger!! I was hoping to use when getting to places to do some sort of destination charging or friend house charging.

If I don’t get one I will just order one. My wall charger is installed and had an electrician friend install for $120. I was only a foot or so from the panel but am setup with the 60 amp breaker to get the full 48amp charge! Had to run conduit and the larger gauge wire required. If there is anyone with a Tesla and would like to try out my charger to test for proper operation shoot me a message!! I’m in Plainwell, MI.

I’m still holding strong at May 20th to June 24th on my EDD. Hoping everything works out even with the mobile charger!! I was hoping to use when getting to places to do some sort of destination charging or friend house charging.

If I don’t get one I will just order one. My wall charger is installed and had an electrician friend install for $120. I was only a foot or so from the panel but am setup with the 60 amp breaker to get the full 48amp charge! Had to run conduit and the larger gauge wire required. If there is anyone with a Tesla and would like to try out my charger to test for proper operation shoot me a message!! I’m in Plainwell, MI.
according to Electrek we will not be getting the mobile charger, so I now need to replan my charging setup. Tesla goes full Apple and stops delivering cars with included charging hardware, now sold separately (U)

• Disagree
Reactions: ItsNotAboutTheMoney
MYLR -
  • Midnight Silver Metallic
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • All Black Interior
  • Seven Seat Interior
  • Full Self-Driving
  • Tow Hitch

OD: 12/09/2021
EDD1: May 30 - June 27

I just added FSD yesterday so hopefully I get bumped up for EDD not out farther.
Keep us updated on the progress of your order - I have an October ’21 OD w/o FSD and after being at a May 22nd - June 16th EDD for a couple weeks, just today I got bumped to June (no date).

Reactions: TheWB
Why do you need to replan your whole set up? Don't you just need to buy a 14-50 cable?
Ha! Because if I have to buy anything, I may opt for the wall connector. I did my research on the home chargers that you can obtain the consumers energy credit with last night and decided neither of the options were worth it. I am wondering now how many amps you can actually get out of the Gen 2 mobile connector vs the corded mobile connector. Does anyone have experience with those two?

My quote for the installation of the Tesla charger, second meter, copper wire and a second panel was $2700. 😬 Tesla charger add another $500. Minus the DTE credit and I was back at $2700. I opted for the 240 dryer plug (15-40) no second meter and I ended up not needing a second panel. That was only $800. I may get a non-tesla EV for my girls so I figured the 240 plug was a better buy. I will be happy with > 30MPH charging. I couldn't work out how that second meter would be cheaper considering installation costs.

My quote for the installation of the Tesla charger, second meter, copper wire and a second panel was $2700. 😬 Tesla charger add another $500. Minus the DTE credit and I was back at $2700. I opted for the 240 dryer plug (15-40) no second meter and I ended up not needing a second panel. That was only $800. I may get a non-tesla EV for my girls so I figured the 240 plug was a better buy. I will be happy with > 30MPH charging. I couldn't work out how that second meter would be cheaper considering installation costs.
I have a sub panel installed 10 years ago for my AC and a welder in the garage. I parted with the welder years ago so am converting that plug in the garage to a charge point. If I want to get full 44MPH I would need to up the copper to 6 gauge but plan on using it as is for now and still getting 30-32. Not 100% on charger though. But am leaning to the wall connector since that is my only cost at the moment but since I ordered in 2021 am hoping to still get the mobile added in.

Can you post where you saw this? I've seen multiple reports of this information however none have been directly from Tesla.
Looks like an internal document that was shared from the Texas gigafactory thread.

Attachments

• 4AEAB2B2-22B1-4649-8976-3A92C9ACCC13.png
    4AEAB2B2-22B1-4649-8976-3A92C9ACCC13.png
    490.4 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: tacosor
Looks like an internal document that was shared from the Texas gigafactory thread.
If this is holding up my order they can send it to me when available and skip right to my car!! I have the wall charger installed and able to operate at 48amps. Plan to use the mobile connect when at friends/family/work destinations and want to be plugged in. Like keeping the car warm at the parents during Christmas kinda stuff ;)

I emailed Tesla and received the flowing:

Your Tesla will come equppied with a charge bundle.
This Includes:

1x Mobile Connector - 20’ cable

1x NEMA 5-15 Adapter

1x storage bag
That’s great news. After reading my order agreement it was really in there hands at the moment. The decision to keep that included for our orders based on the website sell is a smart move! I did order the pack of the adapters just in case I need one.

That’s great news. After reading my order agreement it was really in there hands at the moment. The decision to keep that included for our orders based on the website sell is a smart move! I did order the pack of the adapters just in case I need one.
I just ordered the pack of adapters as well. Idk what they use on Canada but we do occasionally drive to Windsor. Hoping I am covered now.

Reactions: Nick Steele