Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Micro Bubble Technologies Unveils M-Fuel and CNT-Battery to the Public

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EcoloCap Solutions Inc. Proprietary Nano Lithium X Battery Test Results Surpass Expectations - Yahoo! Finance

BARRINGTON, ILLINOIS--(Marketwire - 03/23/10) - EcoloCap Solutions Inc. (OTC.BB:ECOS - News) today announced that Exponent Inc., one of the leading engineering and scientific firms in the U.S. with a team of 900 employees in 23 offices, has delivered final test results for EcoloCap's Nano Lithium X Battery. The test results demonstrate that in side by side comparisons with existing published information , the Nano Lithium X battery technology has the world's highest energy density output per mass.

The Nano Lithium X battery technology also has the lowest cost of production and sales price. The large capacity of the battery will allow for the fastest recharge time of any commercially-available battery.

Using an approach involving electrical, mechanical, scientific, thermal and statistical analysis, the Nano Lithium X battery was extensively tested for its charge and discharge capabilities at 100 amps, 150 amps, 200 amps and 235 amps. Rigorous testing has concluded that the Nano Lithium X Battery performs even better than the company previously estimated, and represents a substantial improvement over existing lithium-ion batteries in terms of energy density, total cost, and recharge time.

"It is rewarding to see that our investment in developing the Nano Lithium X battery has come to fruition, and we are excited to generate substantial value for our shareholders," said EcoloCap Solutions President and CEO Michael Siegel. "This battery is well-positioned to become a leader in key markets seeking high-performance batteries, including use in electric vehicles, golf carts, cellular towers and similar demanding applications." He added.

Test results have concluded that the Nano Lithium X Battery is now proven to have:

-- The highest energy density output of any commercially-available battery-- The fastest recharge time of any comparable commercial battery-- The lowest cost per energy output of any commercially-available battery
EcoloCap's advanced technology fills a void in the market for high-powered batteries at a low cost. The battery employs low levels of powdered Lithium, enabling it to be produced at a lower cost than all other types of lithium cells. At the same time, no other technology can match its performance. While typical lithium-ion batteries require hundreds or thousands of small milliwatt to single watt cells in most applications, EcoloCap's batteries are far more efficient and cost-effective, with each cell rated at 4.2 volts at 240 Ahr.

Energy Density Comparisons

----------------------------------------------------------------------------Energy Density Li A(i) Li B(i) Li C(i) EcoloCap----------------------------------------------------------------------------By mass, watt-hours/kg 80 170 120 185----------------------------------------------------------------------------By mass, watt-hours/l 170 325-360 225-250 433----------------------------------------------------------------------------Cost/watt-hour $500+ $500+ $500+ $250----------------------------------------------------------------------------
(i) Automobile, "Lithium-ion Batteries", Jan 2010

Exponent Inc. Test Results

---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Measured TheoreticalCurrent (A) Test Capacity Efficiency Impedance----------------------------------------------------------------------------100 Charge 752 98% 0.003 Discharge 739----------------------------------------------------------------------------150 Charge 750 98% 0.003 Discharge 735----------------------------------------------------------------------------200 Charge 735 99% 0.003 Discharge 724----------------------------------------------------------------------------235 Charge 760 95% 0.003 Discharge 724----------------------------------------------------------------------------
EcoloCap Note: Efficiency should increase when terminals are properly sized.

View complete test results at: ECOLOCAP SOLUTIONS INC. RELEASES CNT-BATTERY PRELIMINARY COMPARATIVE TESTING RESULTS - EcoloCap Solutions Inc.

EcoloCap is ecstatic with the final test results for the Nano Lithium X battery and management is currently exploring strategic opportunities with leading battery manufacturers.

About EcoloCap, Inc.

EcoloCap Solutions Inc. (OTC.BB:ECOS - News) and its subsidiaries Micro Bubble Technologies Inc. ("MBT"), K-MBT Inc. (Korea) and EcoloCap Solutions Canada Inc., are an integrated network of environmentally focused technology companies that mainly utilize nanotechnology to develop efficient alternative energy solutions. Their portfolio of products and services include MBT's Carbon Nano Tube (CNT) and Nano Lithium rechargeable batteries that surpass the performance of batteries in the market today, MBT's M-Fuel, a breakthrough suspension fuel for diesel and heavy oil applications that greatly reduces cost and the emission of harmful gases, and EcoloCap Solutions Canada Inc. which offers Carbon Credit UN Certification and trading services. For additional information, please visit the EcoloCap website, Homepage - EcoloCap Solutions Inc..

This press release may contain statements of a forward-looking nature regarding future events. These statements are only predictions and actual events may differ materially. Please refer to documents that EcoloCap Solutions Inc. files from time to time with the Securities and Exchange Commission for a discussion of certain factors that could cause actual results to differ materials from those contained in the forward-looking statements.

Nano Lithium X Battery Test Results - EcoloCap Solutions Inc.

Nano Lithium X Battery Test Results
Under construction

You'd think a PDF would have been easy to upload before the PR went out...

This is full of mistakes: Proprietary Nano Lithium X Battery Test Results Outperform Expectations - EcoloCap Solutions Inc.

It's not obvious what they mean by Measured Capacity. The energy density is not ahead of Panasonic, but I guess we will have to read the full report for cycle life, etc.

The market's not exactly excited by it, either.

This is not the first time Ecolocap has made a mistake on their battery spec. There probably will be a correction after Mr. Siegal or someone from his company reads this thread. It makes me wonder the quality of the professional experts they have hired.

When I connect all the dots in this Ecolocap story, "something is rotten in Denmark" :smile:.

Funny things are happening beyond 200A (0.28C) in the PDF test results. At 200A things are OK, but at 235A the discharge curve begins to show strange effects. I don't want to cry wolf, but it looks suspiciously coincidental that no 0.5C or 1C discharge curves are given.

BTW: Do we have a price on these or did I miss something?

Funny things are happening beyond 200A (0.28C) in the PDF test results. At 200A things are OK, but at 235A the discharge curve begins to show strange effects. I don't want to cry wolf, but it looks suspiciously coincidental that no 0.5C or 1C discharge curves are given.

Exponent clearly stated that the terminals were damaged during the 235amp testing, hence the strange results. This is obviously not a production battery and needs some connection improvements as well as a BMS. As I mentioned earlier, Exponent could not test higher than 235 amps, hence .5C or 1C on a 720ah battery was not possible.
I found out why this configuration was tested, a potential customer of the batteries wanted this specific battery tested. With this size I'd say it's a stationary storage implementation, and higher C rates wouldn't be needed anyway.

So they wanted to show the world that they had a high capacity and fast chargeable miracle battery, but because one customer doesn't need that function, they don't test it... And the test house couldn't lay their hands on higher power equipment? Maybe they should've called Aerovironment. It's not even obvious whether the battery terminals would take higher currents - in fact looking at the photos, I'm amazed it took 200A.

The report just left me thinking of a certain Disney character, to be honest.

My guess, it's a money issue, more testing costs more money. If the potential customer would be satisfied with those tests why do more? I'm digging deeper, not sure how much they'll actually divulge, but they've already mentioned better terminals on the battery for further testing. I've suggested testing single cells for easier high C rate tests.

It's not easy to continuously discharge a cell at 720 amps, Exponent, the test company, didn't even have the capability. The customer didn't care about that level of discharge, why would Ecolocap spend extra cash it at this point?
For all we know the customer may have paid for the testing. Believe me I'd love to see higher C rate testing, I guess we'll have to wait.