Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Microfiber Towels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you want to minimize scratches and swirls while drying your car, I highly recommend what I think is the best drying aid on the market: Ammo NYC Hydrate. The key is to dry your car with a clean MF towel that is damp and lubricated with a liquid drying aid.

Here is a video where Larry, a somewhat famous youtube detailer and owner of Ammo NYC, describes why he came up with Hydrate and how it works. You can skip to 2:50 on the video.

If you want to minimize scratches and swirls while drying your car, I highly recommend what I think is the best drying aid on the market: Ammo NYC Hydrate. The key is to dry your car with a clean MF towel that is damp and lubricated with a liquid drying aid.

Here is a video where Larry, a somewhat famous youtube detailer and owner of Ammo NYC, describes why he came up with Hydrate and how it works. You can skip to 2:50 on the video.

A cheap quick detailer will work just as well. Ammo stuff is overpriced IMO.

A cheap quick detailer will work just as well. Ammo stuff is overpriced IMO.

I have tried and compared detailers and spray waxes used as drying aids. They are certainly better than no drying aid at all, but I still think Ammo Hydrate outperforms them. Yes, it is expensive, but if you used correctly and at the correct amounts, one bottle lasts 6 months or longer.

Believe me, I'm all in favor of using cheaper products that perform just as well. For example, I recently posted about Turtle Wax Seal and Shine as well as Technicians Choice Ceramic Detail Spray. But Ammo Hydrate, IMO, is one expensive product that is unique and worth the extra cost.

• Disagree
Reactions: bxr140