Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid-Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually called the cities. The city planning departments should now. I still hope I am wrong. I am just telling you what they told me. Please find some department that says it differently.
I didn’t say ALL cities. I said cities. You have no information on anything. I am trying to find information. If you know something, let us know.

For some reason, I’m starting to feel that we’re not gonna get the Trans-Canada corridor by the end of the year. It might, perhaps by a miracle be done the way it was last year, with construction going crazy in Eastern Canada between September 30th all the way to December 6th and one new spotting on January 6th. And I’m actually getting the feeling that it might possibly happen again. What do you guys think?

I think that there is zero chance that the T-Can route gets done - at least the part between Sudbury and Winnipeg. Putting in place SCs in Toronto in the winter is very different from doing these installs on the north shore of “the big lake they call Gitche Gumi” in the peak of winter.

Reactions: Jack007
For some reason, I’m starting to feel that we’re not gonna get the Trans-Canada corridor by the end of the year. It might, perhaps by a miracle be done the way it was last year, with construction going crazy in Eastern Canada between September 30th all the way to December 6th and one new spotting on January 6th. And I’m actually getting the feeling that it might possibly happen again. What do you guys think?
It's been very quiet in western Canada for a good 3 months now. No new permits or construction. I was really hoping for medicine hat and swift current to come online so I could get my model 3 home in a time efficient manner

I think that there is zero chance that the T-Can route gets done - at least the part between Sudbury and Winnipeg. Putting in place SCs in Toronto in the winter is very different from doing these installs on the north shore of “the big lake they call Gitche Gumi” in the peak of winter.
I think that Tesla would be able do Sault-Ste-Marie by the year’s end, because of a good connection to the US with Gaylord, but I don’t think anything will come up until Escanaba starts construction.

I think that Tesla would be able do Sault-Ste-Marie by the year’s end, because of a good connection to the US with Gaylord, but I don’t think anything will come up until Escanaba starts construction.
We are planning a trip next year across the highway from west to Niagara Falls. We can still do it wi5out Supercharger’s but will need more stops. More stops would not be so bad because it is vacation. However, having Supercharger’s would be a nice comfort.

I agree with Wayner on the zero percent for the trans-Canada route, but I agree with your (Mr. Plugshare) comment on the Sault. I'm currently of the belief that construction was halted as part of the "drive to profitability". Assuming construction resumes in the 4th quarter, I could see the Sault getting done for the connection to the US, Espanola getting done by the crew that did Sudbury and Renfrew getting done because of its proximity to the start/end of the 417 to Ottawa. Deep River and Blind River would be next, but the north should have snow by then, unless winter is dry/late this year. North Bay, having been stuck on "Coming Soon" since Tesla first posted the map, is clearly some kind of Bermuda triangle and isn't likely to be built until 2020. ;)

The rest of the route from the Sault to the Peg won't happen until North Dakota gets its first Super Charger because they are feeling really left out and putting a charger in Wawa before they've (North Dakota) got even one would likely push them over the edge. :D

Reactions: bpjod and MarcoRP
Brad,

Congrats on the Model S.
We are waiting for our Model 3 (June target) and regularly travel from Winnipeg area to Clear Lake with our 2013 S.
My first road trip (2013) was to Lake of the Prairies via Carberry and Virden chargers. Ended up having to stop in Foxwarren to charge because of range anxiety.

The proposed chargers In Portage la Prairie and Brandon will be great. FYI there is a new 30 amp charger at the Brandon Shoppers mall.

If you are Clear Lake in late June - Early July maybe we can grab a pop and discuss the pros and cons of Tesla.

Hi, So sorry I missed this, really new to this site. We are often in Clear Lake the family cottage is kitty corner from the Trading Post store at the end of the main drive Black Tesla Model S parked in front if I'm there. Would of loved to meet another Manitoba Tesla owner (perhaps next summer). I have used that 30 amp charger on the back of the shoppers mall several times. In Winnipeg I have been using the Hilton Airport Suites as my hotel of choice with its 70 amp charger right at the front door. Have also used Nott Autocorps rather fast charger when we were in Winnipeg for a wedding on Sept long.. excited to hear about your Model 3 you could well be the first one in Manitoba. Brad

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP
The permit is for the Coral centre which is a great spot it has a Starbucks, Montana's, Safeway, Wallmart, Home Depot and numerous other businesses. Easy place to kill some time.

This is probably not the right place but I have heard that Parks Canada will be putting in 2 Tesla chargers at the Clear Lake townsite in Riding Mountain National Park this summer.

Just looked on Teslas updated map and the information I was given was sadly wrong. The supercharger will be right downtown not nearly as good a location as the Coral centre unfortunately. Also a bit disappointed in the location of the Winnipeg supercharges. Tesla Calgary store had mentioned Polo Park as a possible location and I personally preferred it to the downtown location showing on the map. Still much happier to have superchargers as opposed to not having superchargers.

Just looked on Teslas updated map and the information I was given was sadly wrong. The supercharger will be right downtown not nearly as good a location as the Coral centre unfortunately. Also a bit disappointed in the location of the Winnipeg supercharges. Tesla Calgary store had mentioned Polo Park as a possible location and I personally preferred it to the downtown location showing on the map. Still much happier to have superchargers as opposed to not having superchargers.
They are just placeholders, if they say there will be a Supercharger in Winnipeg, the placeholder is on the N

I don't ever remember Regina having a blue dot on supercharge.info. I could be mistaken however.
I have a June 7 screen shot! Taken after I got back up off the floor. ;) Of the people not living in Saskatchewan I may have been the most excited by this. For reference those are 300 mi rings. Regina to Brandon is 360km on the #1, which makes Regina borderline an island in Summer. Definitely not year-round doable. I suspect even I'd be at the ragged edge, or beyond, attempting that in Winter without stopping for Sun Highway help (Whitewood Library almost exactly midway).

However it really is no more an island than Dickinson, which appears to still be on, unless there's an in-progress SC not showing on that map. Closest SC to Dickinson is Spearfish, 215 mi (345km) via secondary highway. Fargo SC to Dickinson SC on the Interstate is a huge leap, 290 mi. Billings to the West is 325mi.

Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 7.21.17 AM.png

P.S. For me I'd be coming up via Dickinson. I believe that's right up to the edge of summer range for me, because I ended up getting AWD rather than RWD, so I'd be stopping for leisurely lunch and an L2 boost at Peavey Mart in Estevan.

Last edited:
BTW now that I found out how it was Victoria & Prince of Wales that was named for the SC location, I have some doubts about that being the actual location. Although it's very handy for pulling off the #1 highway the food choices at that location are very limited. The Harbour Landing Walmart has way better food and is only 2 intersections off the #1 & Lewvan interchange.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1.21 Jiggawatts
There is also a new stretch of highway in Regina which wasn’t there before. (Regina bypass)

Attachments

• 8B5C8EE7-A255-4932-8843-D1423D2E6C5A.jpeg
    8B5C8EE7-A255-4932-8843-D1423D2E6C5A.jpeg
    240.7 KB · Views: 55
  • DEEC663D-14B9-4923-9F8B-D0D877E4A22F.jpeg
    DEEC663D-14B9-4923-9F8B-D0D877E4A22F.jpeg
    174 KB · Views: 44
Reactions: 1.21 Jiggawatts