Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid day point release update (22.9.2)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
System was drawing from the grid today around 11:30am unexpectedly. App showed 0% for solar and Powerwalls but showed drawing from the grid, went to garage and saw one Powerwall light was off. Uh oh! I went to look at the others and by the time I turned around it was on again. App then showed no draw from grid and everything zero'd out. Gave it five minutes and went back and heard the low hum of the cooling fans in the battery and inverters, app showing correct values again!

Looks like it updated from 22.9.1 to 22.9.2. Not sure what the point release update is for (don't see anything different), but gee I wish they didn't roll these out at noon during peak production! 45 minute reboot cycle midday probably cost me around 10%
of my daily production.

The same thing happened to me last month. But you weren't really drawing from the grid. The gateway just wasn't able to collect data during that time. I know this because I have a mixed Enphase and Tesla system. My enphase IQ still showed solar production going to the house and grid during this time.

I made a similar post when it happened to me
Unfortunately I was drawing from the grid. Not much, but you can see here the blue (draw) vs green when it finished updating.
26F5D1EC-451E-46F2-988F-E31A375A27C2.png