Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid range battery available now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting development. See this as easing towards the $35K model while still squeezing out some extra profit for those that could live with less battery range than the LR but find the AWD LR still to pricey for their budget. The new version does include premium interior and sound so it's really a RWD with new mid range battery pack and PUP. No promises of it arriving by year end for that full Federal tax credit although I'm sure some who hop on this now will see it. Bad weather and other logisitical problems could end up cutting that in half. Still a nice compromise if a 200 range battery doesn't cut it for you and the 310 is overkill.

Interesting development. See this as easing towards the $35K model while still squeezing out some extra profit for those that could live with less battery range than the LR but find the AWD LR still to pricey for their budget. The new version does include premium interior and sound so it's really a RWD with new mid range battery pack and PUP. No promises of it arriving by year end for that full Federal tax credit although I'm sure some who hop on this now will see it. Bad weather and other logisitical problems could end up cutting that in half. Still a nice compromise if a 200 range battery doesn't cut it for you and the 310 is overkill.
That's the thing, the SR is 220mi. There's only 40mi of nominal full range gap between this new tier and the "Standard", and they're changing $5000 for that gap.

$4,000, of the $9,000 LR upgrade cheaper, to lose a bit more than half the difference in range (310 to 260 is more than half way to 215).

It's a savvy move, and shows demand response (pun intended). My bet was Tesla did not have a non PUP interior ready. Aging well.

35k will require a third battery, and non-PUP. Oh, boy.

Yeah, I am definitely against that method of displaying prices, they should put the cash prices right next to the asterisked prices or something.

Actually the price both after incentives and before savings is clearly shown at the bottom of the order page in rather big type.

midrange - 1.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: dhanson865
Ok this SUCKS. My daily commute is 11 miles round trip. I got an LR AWD MSM with Aero and EAP for $56,700 after delivery and doc fee because I felt the $7500 tax credit made it worth the slight increase in price.

I couldn’t get white seats at the time because I didn’t feel I could afford AWD AND white interior with the LR.

So now I could have got a 260 mile range car with white seats for $53,700 UGH. This is annoying. If the $7500 tax credit wasn’t going to be available for this versio. It wouldn’t bother me as much.

I wonder how many new orders this will get them from the SR waiting crowd.

$43/mo cheaper over a six year loan. Not a huge deal I guess. The white seats option would have been nice though.

Last edited: