Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mileage difference between MY and MYP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received my MYP last June. Ran on the 21” Ubers w/Pirelli Until October. Put on Geminis and Aero covers w/Contis with about 5k miles (or so I was told by the guy I bought them from). The first 7,500 miles with Ubers averaged 298 w/mile. The next 200 miles, with Geminis, Aero covers, same routes and driving habits, averaged 249 w/mile. The temperature started downward (Sierra foothills), wet roads, etc. and the 2,500 miles driven on Geminis averaged 274 w/mile. (Lost half of the gain from the Geminis to temperature and road condition.)

In addition to the efficiency boost, the ride improvement on the Geminis is dramatic. Once I wear down the Contis, my plan is to swap on the Ubers and get the Geminis powder coated before getting new tires (we’ll see what new EV tires are available later this year.) I’ll save the Ubers if I ever go out to the track (or long stretches of driving alone without the wife and kid.)