Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mirror Dimmers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New Model 3 Owner here -

Is there any way to disable mirror dimming? Night driving in the city is really difficult with it on. Couldnt find anywhere in settings for it and after a little research it seems like it isnt possible. Any reason why?

Does anybody know if there is a fuse that can be disconnected that controls it?

Best,
Cam

PS I LOVE the car, there is just so much potential for new features with the OTA updates

The best you can do is unplug the mirrors.

On the side mirrors, you have to pull off the mirror glass. Its held on by clips like other manufacturers’ mirrors, so it’s no too difficult to remove. I replaced mine with Suma wide angle (non blue) mirrors, myself. The Suma mirrors don’t dim but if you have tint on your car, you don’t need or want the mirrors to dim anyway.

The cabin’s rear view mirror can also be unplugged. You have to take the small plastic cover off at the base of the mirror. It’s not too easy and helps if you also slide an old credit card in the gap as you pry it off.

Last edited:
New Model 3 Owner here -

Is there any way to disable mirror dimming? Night driving in the city is really difficult with it on. Couldnt find anywhere in settings for it and after a little research it seems like it isnt possible. Any reason why?

Does anybody know if there is a fuse that can be disconnected that controls it?

Best,
Cam

PS I LOVE the car, there is just so much potential for new features with the OTA updates
I suppose you can pop off the mirrors and disconnect the dimmer wires. There are two sets of wires ... one for dimming and the other for defrosting.