Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mirror seems to change position.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mirror seems to be in different position after a few locks and unlocks.
I have owned this 2016 MS 75 for a few days now, and it seems that I've had to reposition the driver side mirror a few times already. Is this a known issue? Has anyone seen anything like this before?
Thanks for the help!

If the driving position of the mirror changes, it can be a mirror fold issue. Some mirrors have needed replacement, mine included. That has been my only issue. It wasn’t a big deal, they replace the mirror works but you keep the same cover. A ranger did mine, it didn’t take very long.

I had a similar problem with the mirror tilt feature (not the fold feature). Every time I took the car out of reverse there was a 9/10 chance that the mirror wouldn't tilt back to regular position. Constantly manually adjusting the mirror was annoying enough I had to disable auto-tilt. When I took it in to the service center they ended up replacing the passenger side mirror and now it works great.

Mirror seems to be in different position after a few locks and unlocks.
I have owned this 2016 MS 75 for a few days now, and it seems that I've had to reposition the driver side mirror a few times already. Is this a known issue? Has anyone seen anything like this before?
Thanks for the help!
I have a 2019 model 3, and have the same concern. Generally it is close enough so I just drive with where it is (about 2 clicks off). Have you been able to resolve this?

This has happened to me as well a few times. But I noticed that if you click "Restore" on the profile page, mirrors will correct! This would indicate a software problem; car must know the mirrors are at wrong position but it does not fix them until you click "Restore"?

I think it has happened after reversing, maybe they don't return to "forward going" position as they should.

Edit: Or, perhaps it's a combination of mirror fold + reverse? If you are really quick when entering car and reversing, mirrors are still unfolding while reverse starts, and car might actually still be changing user profile at the same time. Maybe that creates the mixup in mirror position, which then is corrected by "Restore" button..