Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Misaligned charging port cover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just spotted this, a day after collection (how did i miss it?!). I assume this is a definitely a service centre job, not something I can fix on my own?

Attachments

• IMG_4616.JPG
    IMG_4616.JPG
    314.1 KB · Views: 164
If you are brave bough, open the port, then catch it by hand as it closes and gauge the point at which it starts to misalign as it heads towards the closed position.

I have a magnetic DC port cover that I put on the bodywork when rapid charging and it’s got caught a couple of times when I’ve forgotten to refit before closing the port cover, so I do know there’s no issue with the cover being part-closed under closure force from the car, it just pops back to closed when I’ve fished out the little plastic magnetic DC cover.

Just spotted this, a day after collection (how did i miss it?!). I assume this is a definitely a service centre job, not something I can fix on my own?

We had that. It required a service visit and a new part (Charge Port Door, Top ASY) although I suspect its possibly a mobile ranger capable job too.

The problem was spotted by Tesla prior to handover and they tried to fix it before handing car on to us, but it was more involved so a follow on visit noted at that point.

• Informative
Reactions: rockafunked