Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing ECU/Charge Port Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a "schedule delivery" text and email for my ECU-less car. Car was built Apr 24 and has been waiting at delivery center since probably may 9 (that's when I got my first 4 day EDD which has been moving ahead by 1 day every day since then).

When I followed the link it said no appointments available and to check tomorrow and that SA will call me.

Don't lose hope ECU-less ppl, it's (probably) coming soon.
How did you find out that its was stored in their parking lot due to the missing ECU. i got a confirmation that my vehicle was built on Apr 24 and most likely as you said arrived on May 9, the txt message from SA was sent on May 11. Despite the messages i sent them to be more transparent they keep telling me is because of the inspection backlog. Which i think that's what they were told to say. Regardless since then i keep getting that delivery window shifting each day. That's good news, hopefully i get my "schedule delivery" txt soon.

How did you find out that its was stored in their parking lot due to the missing ECU. i got a confirmation that my vehicle was built on Apr 24 and most likely as you said arrived on May 9, the txt message from SA was sent on May 11. Despite the messages i sent them to be more transparent they keep telling me is because of the inspection backlog. Which i think that's what they were told to say. Regardless since then i keep getting that delivery window shifting each day. That's good news, hopefully i get my "schedule delivery" txt soon.
I visited the Oakville store to talk someone in person and basically said that I know about the ECU shortage and he kind of confirmed that the car is waiting for that and that the car is at their location waiting.

Reactions: NoICEYesEV
I visited the Oakville store to talk someone in person and basically said that I know about the ECU shortage and he kind of confirmed that the car is waiting for that and that the car is at their location waiting.
Hopefully they give these ECU’s to dealers already. I’m tired of waiting. New cars that show up have them installed….why can’t tesla ship these out?

Just got a "schedule delivery" text and email for my ECU-less car. Car was built Apr 24 and has been waiting at delivery center since probably may 9 (that's when I got my first 4 day EDD which has been moving ahead by 1 day every day since then).

When I followed the link it said no appointments available and to check tomorrow and that SA will call me.

Don't lose hope ECU-less ppl, it's (probably) coming soon.
Where you able ultimately to find a spot to schedule the delivery?

Where you able ultimately to find a spot to schedule the delivery?
Yes, the day after the original 'it's your turn to schedule' delivery text/email, yesterday I got another text and an email to 'select your tentative model 3 appointment'. Followed the link within seconds of receiving the text and it only gave me two options for appointments, both this Sat Jun 4.

Yes, the day after the original 'it's your turn to schedule' delivery text/email, yesterday I got another text and an email to 'select your tentative model 3 appointment'. Followed the link within seconds of receiving the text and it only gave me two options for appointments, both this Sat Jun 4.

Sweet! Good luck!

I just got my text saying my SC should receive "the parts needed to prepare all vehicles effected by the recent delay by this weekend and all cars will be completed by the end of day Monday". So based on that, they are now scheduling deliveries Tuesday and Wednesday. I am confirmed for Tuesday June 7th.

Sweet! Good luck!

I just got my text saying my SC should receive "the parts needed to prepare all vehicles effected by the recent delay by this weekend and all cars will be completed by the end of day Monday". So based on that, they are now scheduling deliveries Tuesday and Wednesday. I am confirmed for Tuesday June 7th.
Here's the interesting part, based on message you got in US it's not a secret and Tesla openly talks about the fact that parts are missing on arrived cars. Tesla Canada doesn't want to admit that delivery delays of arrived cars are due to missing parts. Why? It definitely shows lack of transparency.

That's great news. Congrats. I'll keep staring at my phone all weekend long :)

Happy to see things starting to roll...Apparently my SC doesn't have a view at all on the parts...they said they have no idea on when parts will come and to just wait for a text...same song and dance for 3 weeks in a row. Hopefully it ends soon.
Hopefully it does end soon. It's unfortunate they can't give any more detail. These cars should be a priority above everything else since they are otherwise ready to be delivered. One would think that these would be a high priority so they can get the money on their books.

Here's the interesting part, based on message you got in US it's not a secret and Tesla openly talks about the fact that parts are missing on arrived cars. Tesla Canada doesn't want to admit that delivery delays of arrived cars are due to missing parts. Why? It definitely shows lack of transparency.
Agreed... I was surprised that the message acknowledged the larger scale delays. I guess because of this forum, the news is getting out and they can't hide it much more. Thanks for everyone sharing their experiences... it definitely gave me some insight into what was going on because without all of you, I would have been clueless.

It's amazing how seeing my actual vehicle calmed me down... Not wanting to insure the car without being sure it was actually on the lot, we visited the SC and an agent confirmed it was physically present. We asked if we could hunt it down on lot, she said yes, but she couldn't show us the vehicle personally - which I told her that I understood. The lot was swamped with new Teslas and the poor kid moving the cars around constantly was glad some like mine where being picked up, especially since they got a new shipment in today. All the agents I spoke with were friendly and at least the exterior of my Tesla (the wife found it pretty quickly) looked great. I'm sure it was sitting on lot for weeks (they basically confirmed that a lot of cars were waiting on not just the ECU but other parts as well.... but in the grand scheme of things I'm not overly concerned at this point. Tomorrow is the DD and I'm much more relaxed,... glad I went to visit her.

Attachments

• IMG_8284[1].JPG
    IMG_8284[1].JPG
    907.4 KB · Views: 86
It's amazing how seeing my actual vehicle calmed me down... Not wanting to insure the car without being sure it was actually on the lot, we visited the SC and an agent confirmed it was physically present. We asked if we could hunt it down on lot, she said yes, but she couldn't show us the vehicle personally - which I told her that I understood. The lot was swamped with new Teslas and the poor kid moving the cars around constantly was glad some like mine where being picked up, especially since they got a new shipment in today. All the agents I spoke with were friendly and at least the exterior of my Tesla (the wife found it pretty quickly) looked great. I'm sure it was sitting on lot for weeks (they basically confirmed that a lot of cars were waiting on not just the ECU but other parts as well.... but in the grand scheme of things I'm not overly concerned at this point. Tomorrow is the DD and I'm much more relaxed,... glad I went to visit her.
Looks great!

Got an update from the WPB SC, the charge port ECU ETA is now “unknown” and just to wait until I get a text to schedule delivery. This car has been sitting on the lot, since May 5th uncharged (how is the main battery holding up?), in the elements (there’s a tropical storm coming today) and they have absolutely zero view on when it’s going to be available. Going on a month now of “just wait you’ll eventually get your car”. Just disappointed.