Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing USB Ports in new deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla's lack of communication is the issue. Missing the USB ports for a month while waiting for the parts would not be a problem for me...as long as I was made aware of this prior to delivery. An email or text about the issue would be nice. But even a Post It note on the paperwork would work. The problem is that people are receiving their cars and suddenly realizing the ports are missing which is unacceptable.

There's a world wide supply issue for electronics and most people buying a car are aware of this. I would much rather get my car earlier without the ports than wait a month or two for something as insignificant as USB ports. I'm sure that it's a 15 minute mobile service appointment to get them installed. I would think many people would be ok with the ports missing temporarily if Tesla let them know ahead of time. Those who are not can just pass on delivery. But handing over cars with a missing feature and no communication about that is just wrong.
I am in complete agreement. The car is great I am still happy. Just cant help feeling a little bitter that it didnt come complete. I wouldnt mind if they told me ahead of time, i still would have taken delivery. The feeling of being bamboozled is what irks me.

They did the same thing with the missing lumbar in passenger seat. My wife was pissed because it was a listed feature when we ordered the car and important for her on trips. Now they have taken that off the listed features.

Are they really planning to retrofit the usb charging? I don’t think there was any such promise to do that with passenger lumbar.

They did the same thing with the missing lumbar in passenger seat. My wife was pissed because it was a listed feature when we ordered the car and important for her on trips. Now they have taken that off the listed features.

Are they really planning to retrofit the usb charging? I don’t think there was any such promise to do that with passenger lumbar.
Exactly. Tesla’s penchant for changing things at someone’s whim is concerning. I would be fine waiting for the ports as long as I were assured they’d be installed by some date in the future. Their surreptitious leaving them out (hoping people wouldn’t notice?) is making me scratch my head. What if this didn’t get out widely? Would they have just not said anything and gone on their way?

The question is are you getting a Due Bill with the USB ports listed at the time of delivery? If not, then Tesla doesn’t have to install them at a later date. Once you sign for the car, the Due Bill would list anything the dealer/manufacturer is obligated to provide at a later date. Without it, you are signing that nothing else is owed.

Uhh so I just took delivery today. And WTF.. no usb up front. Just 2 holes where the ports should be. Plus the wireless charging is also not working. I am assuming it is all related. This is sooo weird.
You are taking this way better than I would. Best of luck…. I’d be really interested in hearing from you about how this is resolved. Please update us on the forum

Reactions: artnalex
You are taking this way better than I would. Best of luck…. I’d be really interested in hearing from you about how this is resolved. Please update us on the forum
I will keep you guys in the loop.

I guess i am not too pissed since i wasnt planning on using the wireless charger anyway(i have a pop socket). The lack of usb in the center console sucks but i am currently using the rear usb ports, so it isnt that much of a hindrance. I've already schedule an appointment to get a few things fixed. We will see what they say. From what i am seeing from others in the same boat, approximately 3 weeks for the usb parts to come in and to be installed.

Reactions: SFNM Jack
I will keep you guys in the loop.

I guess i am not too pissed since i wasnt planning on using the wireless charger anyway(i have a pop socket). The lack of usb in the center console sucks but i am currently using the rear usb ports, so it isnt that much of a hindrance. I've already schedule an appointment to get a few things fixed. We will see what they say. From what i am seeing from others in the same boat, approximately 3 weeks for the usb parts to come in and to be installed.
I’m less concerned as a future owner if there is a plan, in writing that the issue will be rectified within a reasonable amount of time. The lack of customer care on this and other issue is an ongoing concern of mine. It will be interesting s to see how I feel about this 2 years down the road after dealing with Toyota and Lexus who bend over backwards to take of customers in my 25 year experience with them. Filing all of this away in the back of my tiny little brain for future reflection 🙄

I’m less concerned as a future owner if there is a plan, in writing that the issue will be rectified within a reasonable amount of time. The lack of customer care on this and other issue is an ongoing concern of mine. It will be interesting s to see how I feel about this 2 years down the road after dealing with Toyota and Lexus who bend over backwards to take of customers in my 25 year experience with them. Filing all of this away in the back of my tiny little brain for future reflection 🙄
I hope that you’re not disappointed, but it may depend on your local service center. I believe that they vary in quality.

Tesla guy just came and fixed my port. Took maybe 10 mins. Removed the usb port cover. Installed this little missing device. Everything is working now including wireless charging. Only problem is he didnt have the right screw to attach the usb hub to the face cover so he will come back to replace that.

Attachments

• 20211120_140759.jpg
    20211120_140759.jpg
    471 KB · Views: 157
  • 20211120_143351.jpg
    20211120_143351.jpg
    361.5 KB · Views: 120
Tesla guy just came and fixed my port. Took maybe 10 mins. Removed the usb port cover. Installed this little missing device. Everything is working now including wireless charging. Only problem is he didnt have the right screw to attach the usb hub to the face cover so he will come back to replace that.
Nice! Glad to hear this was a quick install and not very invasive at all. I was concerned that it was going to be a lot worse to get it sorted out based on some comments here.

Did you set an appointment or they handled it for you. Got mine with same missing parts but I don’t see anything scheduled in my app

Our M3LR arrived this Tuesday without front console USB ports or working wireless charger. I made a service ticket just to have a documented record. Within a minute or two an email arrived for a mobile service appointment. It will be
Interesting to see how things progress

Reactions: Ormond