Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing USB Ports

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Instead of thumbing down every negative comment about Tesla, coming up with some intelligent response why you feel it's anti Tesla hyperball would be intriguing and probably more constructive to the community.

Here's an intelligent question, posed to you and the whole community:

Why is it important for Tesla to proactively notify customers on this issue, or any other for that matter?

I agree that good communication makes for good customer service, but Tesla doesn't need to GAF about customer service. Demand far outstrips supply. They will be backlogged on orders for years. They don't need to explain anything to anyone, because if you vote with your wallet and walk away, it will have exactly zero effect on their bottom line. A resource expenditure that does not produce a return is irrational.

Communicating this issue would make the affected customers feel better, but does nothing for Tesla.

Why is it important for Tesla to proactively notify customers on this issue, or any other for that matter?

I agree that good communication makes for good customer service, but Tesla doesn't need to GAF about customer service. Demand far outstrips supply. They will be backlogged on orders for years. They don't need to explain anything to anyone, because if you vote with your wallet and walk away, it will have exactly zero effect on their bottom line. A resource expenditure that does not produce a return is irrational.

Communicating this issue would make the affected customers feel better, but does nothing for Tesla.
True, but good habits established now would certainly help them when the competition finally (really) arrives.

True. Tesla will never be dethroned. When they start using subpar materials or taking away even more features we have nothing to complain about. But as you have said, the wallet speaks. Tesla laughs at people expecting them to be what their fanboys say they are.

True. Tesla will never be dethroned. When they start using subpar materials or taking away even more features we have nothing to complain about. But as you have said, the wallet speaks. Tesla laughs at people expecting them to be what their fanboys say they are.
Pretty sure Tesla is not laughing at anyone bc they are busy making as many car as they can and don’t have time for FuDsters and shorts.

Wow. This is the most cult-ish statement I’ve ever read here.

Pretty sure Tesla is not laughing at anyone bc they are busy making as many car as they can and don’t have time for FuDsters and shorts.

I’m pretty sure those making cars aren’t too worried about your stock going up or down. They are more worried about keeping their job and making sure there are no panel gaps on outgoing Teslas…… But yeah Elon is probably laughing

• Disagree
Reactions: WhiteWi
Wow. This is the most cult-ish statement I’ve ever read here.

You didn't answer the question. Why should they care? Tesla doesn't advertise at all, and doesn't even have a marketing department, and they still can't source parts fast enough.

Right now, Tesla is like the cable company. They're the only one in town, and they ain't givin' away no free HBO.

Reactions: WhiteWi and DK7519
You didn't answer the question. Why should they care? Tesla doesn't advertise at all, and doesn't even have a marketing department, and they still can't source parts fast enough.

Right now, Tesla is like the cable company. They're the only one in town, and they ain't givin' away no free HBO.

Tesla is more like the Jim Jones of the automotive world…… the owners and prospective buyers will accept anything they thrown at them. Then they wake up and see there is more out there in the EV world.

• Funny

Why is it important for Tesla to notify customers? The car is advertised to include the USB ports, wireless charging, etc. Therefore, when a customer pays for the vehicle and it doesn't include the features advertised AND Tesla doesn't bother telling the customer about the missing items, that invokes elements of fraud under relevant consumer protection laws. That should matter to Tesla. Plus, arrogance isn't exactly a sustainable business model. Granted, it certainly won't matter in the short run. Yet competition is coming and Tesla should be doing all it can to garner good will and deepen client loyalty.

I’m pretty sure those making cars aren’t too worried about your stock going up or down. They are more worried about keeping their job and making sure there are no panel gaps on outgoing Teslas…… But yeah Elon is probably laughing
Pretty sure he doesn’t bc he is mega busy with SpaceX and Tesla and everything in between. Not getting enough sleep and barley taking any days off.

arrogance isn't exactly a sustainable business model.
Tell that to Apple lol

Granted, it certainly won't matter in the short run.
My point exactly!

Yet competition is coming and Tesla should be doing all it can to garner good will and deepen client loyalty.
Agreed that misunderestimating the competition is a fact-track to irrelevancy. However, I'm skeptical about the real value of "good will" and "loyalty". Consumers will buy the best product available, at the best price they can get. Loyalty may get them in the door, but you won't keep them if you fail to execute.

The worst buying experience in the universe starts with walking into a car dealership. Everyone hates it, yet they keep going back for more. Why? Because they need a car, and don't have a choice. At least Tesla offers an alternative, but any dissatisfaction with the Tesla Experience will simply drive you back into the arms of a slick car salesman.

Tell that to Apple lol

My point exactly!

Agreed that misunderestimating the competition is a fact-track to irrelevancy. However, I'm skeptical about the real value of "good will" and "loyalty". Consumers will buy the best product available, at the best price they can get. Loyalty may get them in the door, but you won't keep them if you fail to execute.

The worst buying experience in the universe starts with walking into a car dealership. Everyone hates it, yet they keep going back for more. Why? Because they need a car, and don't have a choice. At least Tesla offers an alternative, but any dissatisfaction with the Tesla Experience will simply drive you back into the arms of a slick car salesman.

Only because it was the only way to buy a car which is slowly (thanks to Tesla) fading away. Almost every single manufacturer is taking Tesla's model or Reservation/Order/Delivery without having to walk into a dealer.

Subaru and Toyota just announced their EV today. I'm sure Lexus won't be too far behind. Having a great charging network can only take you so far, especially when you open that network to other manufacturers. Tesla is slowly starting to become a mid-tier brand with expensive vehicles. Sad but true.

• Funny