Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing USB Ports

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I still can't believe that Tesla can charge you for a garage door opener. Come on really? Even Honda and most other manufacturers Homelink is standard. Both my earlier cars 17 MS and 18 M3 came with them and then I guess they came up with a great idea... charge them for it! How cheesy is that:mad:
I was thinking the same thing. Tesla has a lot they need to add or they are going to continue falling behind in some pretty basic areas. The one that comes to mind now is a HUD - there's zero reason to to at least offer one, but it should, imo, be included standard in a car that has no gauge cluster/screen behind the wheel.

Pretty unacceptable, and I'm a Tesla supporter. How about crediting you some $$$ for the inconvenience? I mean Uber credits are nice, but wasting an entire day or two for service center appointments also is super annoying. Maybe they can do it will a mobile visit. I'd be very irritated as well.
forget uber credits -- how many price increases have they had in the last year?!? I love my Tesla, but it's a long way from the early MS days. Now it's seems you're treated with arrogance ('you want it, fine, you don't want it, we have a line of people who will take it')

NOT to defend Tesla as they should absolutely disclose the non-functional ports like they did with Tesla Vision. But just read GM will be cutting heated steering wheels and ventilated/heated seats out from some vehicles due to the shortage. Differing opinion on whether there is intention to retrofit or not, but Tesla doesn't seem to be the only ones doing it.

Reactions: jboy210
NOT to defend Tesla as they should absolutely disclose the non-functional ports like they did with Tesla Vision. But just read GM will be cutting heated steering wheels and ventilated/heated seats out from some vehicles due to the shortage. Differing opinion on whether there is intention to retrofit or not, but Tesla doesn't seem to be the only ones doing it.

GM is refunding $200-$500 to customers. Now, I would rather have them retrofit after purchase instead of getting money back. We all know it's more expensive to add it after the fact.

Reactions: Falcon73
Took delivery of MY LR last week. Missing USB and wireless charging not working. Just got this email after my service appointment was cancelled.
1637085996880.png

GM is refunding $200-$500 to customers. Now, I would rather have them retrofit after purchase instead of getting money back. We all know it's more expensive to add it after the fact.
It's not a "refund", it's a discount off the MSRP before the customer even buys a vehicle with the affected options

A refund would happen if the customer paid for something they didn't actually receive

Reactions: T3SLAROD
One of the great aspects of Tesla coming into and disrupting this space is forcing the existing companies (+ any new ones) to do their best to compete

Truly everyone benefits here

Reactions: WhiteWi
Here’s a guy that sound like he’s worked in logistics/materials for a large company…. You’re dead right sir!
Completely agree! Well said, and one would hope they have record of that especially if there are every any recalls, they need to know what vehicles are impacted by whatever the issue is. Therefore, they should have record of what was completed and not... It would be proactive to address theses issues in advance and send the parts to the the right regions as they come in to remedy the issue as quickly as possible.

Reactions: SFNM Jack