Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing USB Ports

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wonder who the person was that decided not to relay this info to the buyers. Hopefully someone whose decisions are mostly not taken seriously.
Oh... by the way the left side of each seatbelt in the rear was not installed. We suggest rear passengers simply link arms when car is in motion.

If you take your car in for service, I suggest you check for the USB ports to still have cables.

Reactions: T3SLAROD
Tesla mobile service came to look at my wireless charging pad issue. First we confirmed rear USB’s worked…as well as the one in glovebox where’s it’s in use for usb drive for Sentry mode. He told me good luck getting the front usb outlets…said it would require a decent amount of work to rip apart the console and add them. Not holding my breath…it’s noted in my app they are missing…only time will tell.

Anyway he replaced the wireless charger pad and it didn’t resolve issue… he used a multimeter and confirmed no power to the harness connected to wireless pad. Had to refer me to service center appt in 2-3 weeks.

Wow, picking up my ‘22 MY today @ 10:00 am. Big believer that most things are solvable, tho not always ideal. We do live in interesting times. Had occasion to watch 60 minutes Sunday who did a great reporting job on why some many things are wrong with the supply chain & increasing inflation on goods & services. Port of L.A./Long beach was used in the reporting. What a cluster mess! Stacks of shipping containers that were panned from above for extraordinary distances! Everyone seemed to blame everyone from the port to logistical planners to the truckers to the railroads, etc.
Allegedly, Illustrious leader & various government leaders are trying to sort it out.
Recall, this port is the main conduit for a big percentage of goods from the east. My point is that our famed technology expertise & can do attitudes are really at low points across so much of America. Blame it on Pandemic, politicians in our legislative body, our last two executive leaders, have/have not inequities…..need I go on.
I think we should take a deep breathe & acknowledge the times & challenges.
To me this kerfuffle from Tesla is not good corporate behavior, & as many have said, forewarn the consumer & acknowledge the issue with a solution of later install of missing parts or offer a variety of alternatives. Of course, I will be reporting in on my delivery today, but know I can live with what I perceive as a FIRST WORLD problem for any of us fortunate to purchase an expensive car. TESLA will make it right!
Respectfully submitted.

Wow, picking up my ‘22 MY today @ 10:00 am. Big believer that most things are solvable, tho not always ideal. We do live in interesting times. Had occasion to watch 60 minutes Sunday who did a great reporting job on why some many things are wrong with the supply chain & increasing inflation on goods & services. Port of L.A./Long beach was used in the reporting. What a cluster mess! Stacks of shipping containers that were panned from above for extraordinary distances! Everyone seemed to blame everyone from the port to logistical planners to the truckers to the railroads, etc.
Allegedly, Illustrious leader & various government leaders are trying to sort it out.
Recall, this port is the main conduit for a big percentage of goods from the east. My point is that our famed technology expertise & can do attitudes are really at low points across so much of America. Blame it on Pandemic, politicians in our legislative body, our last two executive leaders, have/have not inequities…..need I go on.
I think we should take a deep breathe & acknowledge the times & challenges.
To me this kerfuffle from Tesla is not good corporate behavior, & as many have said, forewarn the consumer & acknowledge the issue with a solution of later install of missing parts or offer a variety of alternatives. Of course, I will be reporting in on my delivery today, but know I can live with what I perceive as a FIRST WORLD problem for any of us fortunate to purchase an expensive car. TESLA will make it right!
Respectfully submitted.
Congrats! Please make sure to input your data into the handy dandy form we have.

Tesla mobile service came to look at my wireless charging pad issue. First we confirmed rear USB’s worked…as well as the one in glovebox where’s it’s in use for usb drive for Sentry mode. He told me good luck getting the front usb outlets…said it would require a decent amount of work to rip apart the console and add them. Not holding my breath…it’s noted in my app they are missing…only time will tell.

Anyway he replaced the wireless charger pad and it didn’t resolve issue… he used a multimeter and confirmed no power to the harness connected to wireless pad. Had to refer me to service center appt in 2-3 weeks.
One of my concerns is the time if will take to install the USB ports after the fact. I’m sure they can do it but service centers and mobile service are already slammed. How long a wait will it be to get an appointment once parts are available and how long does each fix take. Seems like a lot of work getting punted to the service department.

Worst case scenario would be Tesla never doing the fix, but that seems like it would be unlikely. I just got a vin assigned but was waiting in tax incentives to flesh out. This helps with that decision to delay I think.

One of my concerns is the time if will take to install the USB ports after the fact. I’m sure they can do it but service centers and mobile service are already slammed. How long a wait will it be to get an appointment once parts are available and how long does each fix take. Seems like a lot of work getting punted to the service department.

Worst case scenario would be Tesla never doing the fix, but that seems like it would be unlikely. I just got a vin assigned but was waiting in tax incentives to flesh out. This helps with that decision to delay I think.
That or they give you the option to have the problem solved at a 3rd party shop - they provide the parts via mail and a credit sufficient to cover the installation with the caveat that it won't be covered under warranty in the future. That might even be easiest for them.

Did Musk know of this issue prior to his selling shares this month? If so, is that covered by some immunity?
Sad to see this trick being played on loyal customers in the Tesla family.
We love our MY but Tesla must respect and care for the customers, even when the times are good and orders flowing in.

• Disagree
Reactions: WhiteWi
Right! Listen, if ya’ll aren’t willing to do your own inspection to figure out anything or everything that may not arrive with your car, and think that Tesla should be telling you ahead of time instead, then I don’t know what to say. Don’t be coddled like the BMW d-bags who disclose missing features and provide credits for such things. We’ve got more important grown up things to worry about, like how much of a bully that Bernie is.
Well, as a BMW d-bag Gen X guy here I can't tell you how old this thread makes me feel. And I couldn't disagree more.
The generations below me whine and complain about Nestle and every other big company ruining the world and stealing their future and then out of the other side of their mouths accept every little wearing down of their rights as a customer and let them get away with it. Good luck. I'm raising my kids not to accept BS from faceless systems of companies.

This begs wondering what else is being skipped but that isn’t immediately visible to owners.

And that’s not a Tesla-specific thing either, I wouldn’t be buying any vehicles produced in 2021 and 2020 + 2022 will be questionable as well.

I went online this morning and opened a chat with Tesla. This is the response they provided me

Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 9.21.24 AM.png

• Love
Reactions: WhiteWi
Looks like it will be fixed and everyone can chill and enjoy their brand new cars.

For sure!! We can all enjoy our $60k car which will be torn apart in a couple of months and when the rattles start the SC will just shrug…

Anyways, I think everyone is aware that it will get fixed. What everyone is up in arms about is that Tesla doesn’t communicate with their buyers what is happening. Some poor Sap will never realize his crap doesn’t work.

For sure!! We can all enjoy our $60k car which will be torn apart in a couple of months and when the rattles start the SC will just shrug…

Anyways, I think everyone is aware that it will get fixed. What everyone is up in arms about is that Tesla doesn’t communicate with their buyers what is happening. Some poor Sap will never realize his crap doesn’t work.
Good luck with that estimate of a couple of months. It could be as long as a MYLR wait time

Reactions: T3SLAROD