Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing USB Ports

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I just took delivery of a 2022 Y on Wednesday, and the 2 front USB-C sockets in the front console compartment, are missing. There's just two empty holes. Probably no co-incidence that the wireless charger pads don't work either.
Really ticked off - the price you pay for a car like this and basic equipment has not been installed. So right now the only way to charge my phone is to run a cable from the USB-C sockets in the back, or lock it in the glovebox...

If you are taking delivery outside California (or any nearby state), it would seem the shipping time delays may possibly put you with a car that was made before the USB ports were omitted.
Interesting... I got my vin on 11/2 and delivery is scheduled for 11/22… 20 days later… I’m in Florida. The google form doesnt have state location on it, but perhaps the thought here is the if the parts come into California, they will be quicker to fix vehicles assigned in that direct area than cross country. Now, that would be a bit forward thinking if so… we‘ll see… will report back once I get mine - MYP

Took delivery of my Model 3 on Tuesday, was told that I should receive a call from the service center within the next two weeks to install the socket, They also stated I would have the option of having a mobile tech come to my place of work or home to complete the install.

Model Y performance delivered today with all USB ports included. Vin 310xxx

Took delivery of MYP Gray/Black Today.
Two USB C ports missing under the center consol.
No wireless charger as well.
Vin 311xxx
Have you had a chance to update the Google form?

I think we would all be much more irritated if they just provided a credit with no plan to ever fix it like GM and some others are doing...
OMG I would be furious if they said "sorry about no ports, here's $125. Bye bye." That is so much worse.

"You'll just never have heated seats in your 70k pickup truck, here's a couple of hundred dollars" is a shittier way to handle it.

Again, theack of ports is totally understandable, given the state of the entire world's logistics infrastructure. The only real issue was not telling people proactively.

OMG I would be furious if they said "sorry about no ports, here's $125. Bye bye." That is so much worse.

"You'll just never have heated seats in your 70k pickup truck, here's a couple of hundred dollars" is a shittier way to handle it.

Again, theack of ports is totally understandable, given the state of the entire world's logistics infrastructure. The only real issue was not telling people proactively.
+1

I‘m awaiting delivery with great anticipation as many of us are… we’ll see, hopefully, no issues but glad they’re fixing it for those already affected. Would definitely be nice to know in advance but just thinking of one other element here, how many auto manufacturers allow you to reserve cars for $250, lock in the price and then put the order on hold? Just thinking everything about this whole buying experience is unique so… kinda is what it is I guess, not saying that makes it right or better in the consumer's mind but there are other advantages that aren't offered elsewhere too.

Reactions: WhiteWi