Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing USB Ports

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There have been reports on Reddit and other Tesla sites thst mobile service was able to do the work too. So it must not be complex or too long to do.
Pretty sure that center console just pops off and they plug in the usb-c’s to the respective source, connect to the housing and then pop it back on. Everything in these cars seems very simple to pop off and on. Should be pretty easy access too with the ’brain’ right there under the dash.

Reactions: Tezlowski
Well, my 3072xx VIN had all of its ports and the wireless charger was working perfectly. Also, everything else about the car was perfect. Panel gaps, paint job, etc.

Also...holy moly is this a fun car to drive. Coming from a Prius, I can't really believe how much power this thing has. And I don't have a performance, or even the acceleration booster. Flooring the pedal entering a highway feels like a mag-lev rollercoaster. My body is literally pushed back against the seat. I can only imagine what the performance feels like (or an S plaid edition :eek:).

(And yes, I updated the spreadsheet. ;))

If anyone was worried that all recent cars were coming without USB ports like I was, I can assure you that's not the case!

OD 7/20 - took delivery of a LR on 11/19 - all USB ports and wireless charging are installed.

And wow - the grin factor is real! I feel like an iPhone owner from 2007. Sure, cheaper Android phones exist, but this thing is in a league of its own. I honestly could believe it if in 10 years Tesla had 50%+ of the luxury auto market.

If anyone was worried that all recent cars were coming without USB ports like I was, I can assure you that's not the case!

OD 7/20 - took delivery of a LR on 11/19 - all USB ports and wireless charging are installed.

And wow - the grin factor is real! I feel like an iPhone owner from 2007. Sure, cheaper Android phones exist, but this thing is in a league of its own. I honestly could believe it if in 10 years Tesla had 50%+ of the luxury auto market.
Did you update the Google form?

Is this a problem only with Model Ys? I have a Model 3 coming in late December or early 2022 from Fremont.
There are some m3 reports of missing USB ports.

Welp, the model y is here and picked up today. Happy to say that all ports were there, car was as perfect as any new car I’ve ever bought and the thing is just too much f-ing fun! About 10 other people at cherry hill NJ tesla also picking up today. And I gotta say everyone looked super happy and exchanging, hell yeas.
The electric revolution is happening, now if we could just get the cross country bullet train revolution going, it’d be amazeballs.

Model Y performance delivered today with all USB ports included. Vin 310xxx
Welp, the model y is here and picked up today. Happy to say that all ports were there, car was as perfect as any new car I’ve ever bought and the thing is just too much f-ing fun! About 10 other people at cherry hill NJ tesla also picking up today. And I gotta say everyone looked super happy and exchanging, hell yeas.
The electric revolution is happening, now if we could just get the cross country bullet train revolution going, it’d be amazeballs.
Bmiddaugh, it was good to meet you! We picked up our MY next to yours In Cherry Hill. I’ve already waxed mine (better aerodynamics) :) Enjoy your new ride!

Reactions: bmiddaugh
Fingers crossed :rolleyes:

Tesla EDD.jpg

I am starting to wonder how wide spreads this missing USB thing really is. I spoke with my SA yesterday. He called to assure me that deliveries to the Nambe location in Santa Fe, NM is in fact up and running for deliveries. Seems they did their first few this past week. In conversation, he told. me that he’s delivered over 1500 cars to his customers in November and has yet to have one without USB and wireless charging. Interesting🤔

I am starting to wonder how wide spreads this missing USB thing really is. I spoke with my SA yesterday. He called to assure me that deliveries to the Nambe location in Santa Fe, NM is in fact up and running for deliveries. Seems they did their first few this past week. In conversation, he told. me that he’s delivered over 1500 cars to his customers in November and has yet to have one without USB and wireless charging. Interesting🤔
Great info. Perhaps that’s why they figured not enough to make a big deal out of it, very interesting. Would still be nice to be notified if missing but who knows the logic on that at this point. I’m hours away from delivery of MYP, we’ll see soon.

From the small sample collected here, it’s about 60/40 ports/no ports.