Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mission Motors (formerly Hum Cycles)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VIDEO: Mission Motors smooth out fairing, optimizes performance - AutoblogGreen

Mission Motors: Blog Mission One - Ready to Race »

roadtest__2.jpg

roadtest__5.jpg

roadtest__4.jpg

roadtest__1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mission didn't finish in the top three of the first practice run, but unlike some others, they made it all the way around te track. They'll be turning up the juice a bit tomorrow.

I think Team Agni finished first today followed by Brammo and Brammo

11733357-27c7030d1bbf85b6d07e9e582862acb3.4a2ebf75-full.jpg

p.s. Bike looks better now that it's properly assembled with decals etc.

Mission Motors' TTXGP race bike unveiled - AutoblogGreen

One thing's for certain: this race bike isn't quite the looker that Mission's upcoming street bike will be. The oversize (presumably to cover an absolutely massive battery pack) and aerodynamically-optimized fairing is surely meant to increase the bike's speed through the mountain course at the Isle of Man, but it doesn't really help the machine's looks any. Naturally, all of that will be forgiven if the team manages to win the race.
mission_ttxgp_panels.jpg

150 mile range is extremely impressive.

From their web site:

We are now accepting reservations for the Premier Limited Edition of the Mission One, limited to 50 numbered units to be delivered in 2010. Complete the form below and a Mission Motor Company sales representative will contact you shortly. Download the reservation terms and conditions. The deposit amount is $5000, and the sales price is $68,995. For answers to common questions, please read our FAQ.

Last edited:
I apologize for being so late getting these up. These are photos of the July 30th TTXGP Invitation held at Mission Motors (2255*3rd*St,*San*Francisco).

Mission motors
3890631962_88db92201a.jpg

Design progress. The diamond design was used as a design element to match the type of batteries used, I was told. They are no longer using the same type of batteries, and so will probably get rid of the honeycomb design. At the time I took these photos, they had only one prototype.
3890628958_e982635c55.jpg

The shell used for the race.
3889835411_ce6578a5d1.jpg

The sole prototype.
3889832525_4481b2431f.jpg

The rider of the bike during the TTXGP race, Tom Montano.
3889837969_fe7f8830c5.jpg

Tradition Is Not A Business Model: Mission Motors

“The electric motorcycle provides for some new experiences. There are some that are focused on the track, like traction control, launch control, and really the feel of the motorcycle. I think that there is some technology that we’ve developed around the battery, the motor, and the controller, that is really the elegance of the whole system that is important to the end user. There are some bells and whistles that you can have above and beyond what the rider is used to, but just to start off with the electric motorcycle is so much easier to use. When you get on it, you are directly connected to the road, and you can control how you accelerate/de-accelerate almost infinitely.”
tradition-is-not-a-business-model-mission-motors-6.jpg