Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MO: Just received my CCS from SK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got this in the mail today! I am going to hit the nearby Electrify America and ChargePoint chargers and test it out soon.

O28bDRU.jpg

Bv2AY36.jpg

Both Electrify America and ChargePoint chargers worked well with the CCS adapter. This was more about testing if I could charge, and not so much about charging performance. The ChargePoint charger maxes out at 62.5KW, the Electrify America had 150kW and 350kW chargers available. I might go back sometime with a near empty battery to test charging performance with the Electrify America chargers.

sxENS3x.jpg

b0ZkXTi.jpg

Yeah, we have a couple stations here in town. I will trick the car into pre-conditioning before I hit the CCS charger. Since the CCS adapter maxes out around 150kW there shouldn't be any difference using the 150kW or 350kW charger right?

4/17 - Ordered from Tesla
4/29 - Received adapter from package forwarding company.

Would have received it faster but the package was put in the lost and found at the package forwarding company. I sent them the tracking number and they were able to locate the package and got it to me quickly.

Finally got my battery low enough to hit the 350kW Electrify America charger with the CCS adapter. The charger was about 30 miles away, before I left the house I set the nav to a nearby Supercharger so the car would pre-condition the battery. When I arrived at the charger the battery was at 9%. I charged at the 350kW charger for 10 minutes and received 28kWh, which put me at 42%. Charging peaked at 185kW, as it got closer to 42% charge speed was down to 150kW. The charge report from Electrify America states the max charging speed was 192kW. I never saw the car report over 185kW though, unless I missed it after plugging the car in and getting in.

Overall I am very happy with this CCS adapter.

BErURmL.jpg

mrzT6fY.jpg

515hdpa.jpg

Cg6fxBA.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: MarkoC and 1100MCM
… The charge report from Electrify America states the max charging speed was 192kW. I never saw the car report over 185kW though, unless I missed it after plugging the car in and getting in.

Impressive that you can get over 150kw at all. I bet the difference between the 192 and the 185 is charging loss

Reactions: TaIIgeese
… The charge report from Electrify America states the max charging speed was 192kW. I never saw the car report over 185kW though, unless I missed it after plugging the car in and getting in.

Impressive that you can get over 150kw at all. I bet the difference between the 192 and the 185 is charging loss
I forgot about charging loss, thanks.